Make Your Own Deodorant

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by kaka135 • Aug 30, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I remember reading a thread here about using deodorant and also reading about the harmful ingredients inside the commercial deodorant products, I am happy to read this blog post about making our own deodorant, and it seems quite easy to make it too. I am going to give it a try.

The ingredients are only baking soda, coconut oil, arrowroot powder or cornstarch, grapefruit essential oil or any essential oil that is antibacterial.

You can find the full detail here:

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Would you believe that the alum is now getting popular as a deodorant? Alum is the crystalline aluminum potassium sulfate that is very cheap and is available in drug stores and even in the market. The crystalline stone is ground and applied to the armpit together with talcum powder. Rest assured that body odor is unheard of when you use alum instead of deodorant which is expensive. All the 3 women in our house use alum.

3. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually a good idea if someone is keen on using body deodorant on regular basis. It will reduce costs and expense for the individual and still gives him or her the benefit of using several fragrance since the production of the perfume is in his hands.

Fragrance matters a lot in perfume, there are some deodorant that once applied or used gives offensive scent and as such ruins the purpose of its usage. But if one produces his or her deodorant, it gives him the opportunity to make use of the best fragrances which would be appealing to anyone that perceive the scent.

I think I will be taking up the task of making my own perfume and see how unique my production would be. Wish me luck alright.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    That seems like an easy recipe for deodorant. I have also read about using a slice of lemon as a deodorant. You take a slice of lemon and rub it on your armpit to eliminate odors. I have never tried this method so I am not sure how effective it is. I used to use crystal deodorant and that worked somewhat, but sometimes if you sweat a lot it wouldn't be quite as good. Thanks for sharing this method.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    It would be very good to save money, but I don't usually have the patience to try to make these kind of things. I'd rather look for a good promotion to buy with a more interesting value. :p

6. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Amazing:) There are so many beauty products one can make if you have ample time. The great thing about making this yourself is, you can control the amount, make a sample and see if it works. I am not sure about if this will save money though as deodorants are not expensive. In fact, I always buy mine on a 2 for 2 special. Th costs of the ingredients listed for this recipe is more than my Nivea roll on. And you still have to factor in the time to make it. But its not a bad idea if you would like to try something new.

7. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I guess besides saving cost, some would prefer to use natural products as they are less harmful to our body or skin. Yes, essential oil can be expensive, but I prefer the aroma of essential oil than the fragrance of the commercial products. I would like to try using a slice of lemon as it's so much easier.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    This is quite new and unknown to me. And it sounds really good idea if one can made their own in low cost. Good way to save some money. But I wonder if baking soda (regular usage) is good for skin. Well, I have no idea regarding this so I am not sure about this. Please provide info on the same if anyone know about the same.

Otherwise it is really good idea and yes all the things must be easily available.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It sounds interesting and it's good if someone could run with the idea and come up successful at making an effective natural deodorant. However, I don't think I would not be entertaining this venture because it may be too much trial and error to perfect it if any at all so I will just stick to the commercial type but I must say kudos to those who may be able to perfect the home-made version.

10. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    I'm not going to argue whether it's cheaper or not than buying a deodorant, but one thing i'm sure of is that it will not be as effective.