Makeup products

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Konstantina • Apr 4, 2012.

1. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    What's your favorite makeup product and why? What's the one brand that actually has good products in low prices? I can't live without mascara, but I can't seem to find a descent cheap one

2. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I recommend ELF Cosmetics. It will really depend on where you are in the world, but I will take my chances and give you the US Site.

Elf stands for EYES LIPS FACE, they sell everything. Their items are very very cheap, and if you are looking for something a bit more fancy I would recommend the Studio Line. I purchase from them all the time, and their eyeshadow pallets are unrivaled.

They always have some sort of promotion on, be it free shipping, or free delivery.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have been using the same mascara for a few years now and I cannot complain. I buy CoverGirl LashBlast Volumizing mascara (the orange one). When this was first released it was about $15 a pop but now that they have released more of its kind and newer versions therefore this one sells now at $6 at your local pharmacy. It is waterproof and guaranteed to make your lashes look like full long beautiful lashes! You can find a coupon through the manufacturer home page and buy it for even less. Sometimes our local Walgreens has specials for Covergirl Cosmetics such as 2/$10 which means I can get it for a dollar less and with a coupon I can get it for even cheaper. Check it out ;)

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear make-up all the time, but I like Avon and Mary Kay products. Avon is the cheaper of the 2 and they do have great skincare products too. I can't wear mascara so I have not tried their mascara, but the other products are good.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely wear make-up, but when I do I try to wear organic makeup. A lot of makeup contains chemicals that can cause cancer. Natural makeup costs a little more, but it's well worth it because it's better for your skin and doesn't cause irritations.

6. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    For Avon, I can reccomend a Mascara as well, last time I purchased it it was 5, and I bought 3 because I loved it so much. It is their Super Lash Mascara, I am not sure of the exact name, but It comes in Black, Brown and Waterproof. The Waterproof one will stay on all day, and give your lashes a great boost!

7. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I have a hard time with makeup because my skin is so sensitive. Cover Girl seems to be the best for me, but I still can't wear it everyday. The Dollar General keeps Cover Girl in stock, and it is a lot cheaper than most retail stores. The last time I went there they had mascara for around $2, which was a lot cheaper than Wal-Mart.

8. pambeacher

pambeacherActive Member

Threads:
    When I was about 20, my friend tried to brainwash me into "nu skin" products. I had like 2 small pimples at the time. Well when I started using the product my face immediately broke my skin out terribly. They kept telling me all of the "bad: had to come out before it would start working but to keep using it..... um yeah ok cut to me aged 22, and with the worse acne I have ever seen! I went to the dermatologist, and was give tetracycline, creams, and extractions, the whole nine yards. It cleared a little but it still looked pretty bad. I figured the only thing I can do at that point was to at least cover it with some make up. I was scared to put on any drugstore brand, and lived very far from the mall. (Thats right there was no internet yet ladies) I found a place un the yellow pages call Merele Norman. I made my appointment and went for my make over. I loved the way the foundation covered everything. I will be darned about 2 weeks later my face totally cleared up! The sales lady mentioned that there is zink oxide in it which totally save my life..... Well 25 years later I am still using it. It has really preserved my skin as well.....no wrinkles and I am 46!

9. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    I have tried Revlon, Cover Girl and all the other low cost make up products that you can get at your pharmacy, but I can honestly say that I do not like any of them. Take me in a Sephora, however, and I could buy everything in the store. I love anything Dior, Smashbox, Make up Forever, ect. The prices are high, but make up is really my only splurge that I have. I have never tried Mary Kay or Avon before.

10. Ella Bella

Ella BellaNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite makeup product hands down is anything lip-related. I recently bought 7 tubes of lipsticks from NYX's black label line from Cherryculture.com. I love the grape scent and the way it glides on very smoothly. I used to be a huge self-professed lip gloss junkie but at some point I transitioned over to lipsticks. I still wear lip glosses from time to time but I can't stand the feeling of my hair sticking to my lips now that I have cut my hair short enough that I can't tie it back. I also wear foundation and some powder. I don't apply as much as eye shadow, mascara or blush as I used to in high school. I prefer as little as possible nowadays unless I'm having a bad skin day.

#10Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  11. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't wear much make up at all, but when I'm going out for the evening I'll go to town on my eyes. They're my best feature, and they're enormous. Properly made up, they're sensational.

That's just for night time, though. My favourite make up product is lipstick - not lip gloss, lipstick. I like Avon and Revlon, because their shades don't change when you apply them, and they're long lasting. They're also great value for money. I could live without most cosmetics, but if I want to add a bit of colour or lift my look during the day, I reach for my lipstick. I have a light, natural tan all year round, so I never use foundation, powder or blusher, and as I said, I only make up my eyes for evenings out, but I use lipstick most days.

12. iceteruyo

iceteruyoNew Member

Threads:
    E.L.F. is one brand that gives your money its worth. It's cheap and has good quality. It can be found all over the globe whether they be in Asia or overseas. the brand's quality is perfect for any kind of weather and can cater to any kind of skin.

With regards to mascara, please try out any Maybelline brands. They're just awesome!

13. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    I only wear makeup occasionally but I have my own collection of makeups, from foundation to lipstick, eye shadow, blush on, etc. The brands that I use are Revlon, Avon, and Mac. I am now keeping an eye on Nature Republic products. As soon as I get the time and budget to buy products on that store, I will definitely try it out.

14. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Basically, none. Every time I buy makeup I hate it because it always feels like it's too expensive. But the el cheapo brands are really bad for me and make my face break out. I do admit that I've had good luck with Wet N Wild lipstick, lip gloss and lip liner. I try to avoid wearing makeup as much as possible, though. I've gotten to the point where I've been married too long and I'm too old and tired to care if I'm all put together most of the time. I'll put a little concealer under my eyes and over any spots, dust my face with mineral powder, maybe a little mascara and gloss. That's as much as I ever fix up anymore, normally.

15. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I have a nice trick for mascara.... Instead of spending $13.00 or more on 1 tube, I go to Walgreens and get the 2 cheapest ones (different brands). Usually they are around $2-3 each. Then, layer them! Each mascara is formulated differently and has a different brush. When I use one on top of the other, I get a better look then any of the more expensive mascaras I have bought.

16. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    Here's a tip for lowering the prices.
    My sister and I were out shopping one day, and she wanted to go look at makeup (my least favorite part of shopping >_>). She said she had some coupons for some name-brands and she wanted to see if she could get a really good deal. I'll skip the boring part of looking through the makeup isles for like 20 minutes. Now, after she found a mascara she wanted that qualified for the coupon, we saw the mascara was already on rollback (we were at Wal-Mart). So in the end, she ended up getting two bottles of Revlon Mascara for $5, saving ~$10.
    So just keep an eye out for sales and coupons! :D

17. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I love any of the covergirl lash blast mascara's. I never go a day without using my Urban Decay primer potion. I LOVE that stuff! I can't believe I wore makeup for so many years without. The one thing that I dont have a favorite would be foundation. I can never find one that I like that will give me good coverage and the ones that do, don't last very long!

18. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I love my lipbalm! It's for winter and for summer. It's German and it's called Labello. I order it from Ebay. It makes my lips so soft without leaving the feeling of oil on my lips! I couldn't find same as this on the market now!

19. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    i cannot live without my eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow. Usually I buy my make up at Walmart because the NYC pencil eyeliner is $1, the liquid eyeliner was ilke $2 last time I checked. The mascara and eyeshadow, usually I buy whatever i like when it comes to that department. I buy the cheapest make up products because I get the same and sometimes better results than I would with department store quality make up. For Christmas every year, my mom buys me a huge eyeshadow kit from Ulta. Which pretty much lasts me all year long.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm with Scotty, too.

I have fairly sensitive skin and eyes, so I can't wear a lot of products. ELF is INSANELY cheap, though, and I don't have an issue with a lot of what they offer, so it's awesome. I've bought gift cards at a discount before which made it even cheaper to get huge amounts of next to nothing. If nothing else, it's great to buy some of the kits as gifts for younger girls.