Makeup products

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Konstantina • Apr 4, 2012.

1. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I wear Rimmel London foundation! Usually Covergirl eyeliner and mascara! That's all I wear! I don't wear eye shadow, blush or lipstick. I'm good with chap stick or some gloss. Rimmel London and Covergirl can be pricey! They seem to last me a long time so I don't care to pay for them. I bought some ELF foundation at Kmart and I didn't like it! It was cheap though!

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    My family runs a beauty saloon, so I have some idea about cosmetic products although I am a man.

Many years back, we used to sell a lot of Shiseido products. Shiseido has a very good range of skin care products. Later there were some changes in the local dealership and we looked for another brand to sell. Now we are selling Sothys products. They are more expensive than Shiseido generally. One Sothys product is particularly popular. It's very effective for removing minor scars.

3. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I use cover girl. Depending on where you get it it's not bad priced. Sometime's I wish it were a little cheaper but it's the easiest on my face for a lower price than stuff like Clinique which are awesome but I can't really afford right now.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely use Makeup. I definitely cut back after I found out how many chemicals and other items are included in them. Once I found this out it started to explain why my skin was breaking out all the time after I used it.

5. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually purchase mascaras from Avon. They are cheap but work really well. They also have lots of deals like buy one get one free or buy one get one half off. So for like five dollars you can get two quality mascaras. They also allow you to mix and match so you can try two different mascaras.

6. meieden

meiedenNew Member

Threads:
    I really love the Bare Escentuals (

) line of mineral makeup because when I wear it, it feels like it isn't even there. My absolute favorite makeup item from them is the bareMineral mineral veil which basically sets my makeup and gives my face a slight shimmery look. The best part of all is that it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup!

7. pia13

pia13New Member

Threads:
    Blush on and lipstick. I could go a day without them. It makes me look fresh and beautiful. They give radiant to my skin and it help me build my confidence. It gives life to my cheeks and make a kissable lips. It is an investment to look beautiful and to maintain it but it is all worth it. When you look in the mirror or your husband or other people tell you that you are beautiful, it makes total satisfaction. Putting make up is also a good way to hide eye-bugs, a scar or skin lines. They can cover up almost anything.

8. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the only make-up products I use are mascara and lip balm/gloss. E.L.F. cosmetics is a decent but cheap brand for make-ups. I use these as my everyday make-up. I'd probably buy the waterproof mascara as it tends to stay longer than the regular one. It's also very easy to remove and clean at the end of the day, I use coconut oil for that or sometimes just water and soap.

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, now this is a tip I am actually going to give a try. It kind of makes sense with the different brushes and formulas. I havent yet been able to find a true good mascara, cheap, expensive or otherwise.

10. beallsam

beallsamNew Member

Threads:
    I'm extremely acne-prone, so I have to both be very careful about what products I use, as well as not leave the house without at least concealer. I wish I were confident enough to not be bothered my my zits and scars, but I am. That said, I just started trying the new Garnier BB cream. So far, I love it! I like that it is multiple products in one. I've got a big case of the lazy, I never get our the door in time in the morning, and I hate hate hate messing around with multiple steps (concealer, sunscreen, foundation, powder). It has a nice level of coverage without being pancake-y. It even covers up my under-eye circles.

11. plsargent

plsargentNew Member

Threads:
    I use only Mary Kay products. I love all of there lines and the fact that I don't have to drive anywhere to get them. (the mall if a couple hours away) plus their 100% garuntee as well. Not happy you return the product and get something else or your money back.

For mascara I love their Lash Love one and it just came out in a waterproof formula as well.

12. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Love MAC golden translucent powder. My ultimate favorite thing to wear even without foundation or make up powder. Kind of expensive though.

I like some of ELF products, like lip glosses. But not the face powders, they make my face look ashy.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always loved Cover Girl's pressed powder and L'Oreal's lipstick. I'm not into mascara though, since I already have naturally long lashes.

14. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    Walmart has been selling a make-up brand called elf for a few months, and there products are extremely good and they are the cheapest prices I have ever seen on make-up. They have a certain type of eyeliner that I love, but it breaks too easily. It has one end that is black eyeliner and the other end is a colored eye shadow. The black end always breaks off. This is their only product I would not recommend.

15. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have always been hooked on CoverGirl. They make a lot of great products and it is not hard for me to find the right foundation that matches my skin tone. Most of their foundation is not as oily as other manufacturers.

16. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work on various beauty counters so I have used and tried most brands. Mac foundation and concealer are really good and I like L'oreal and Maybelline for mascaras. I love all lipsticks, so will buy them for the color and keep the more expensive ones like Chanel or Nars for special occasions. I Like NYC which is cheap for cheek color and lasts a long time and their pencils are good for the price too.