Making chocolate ice cream without ice cream maker

Discussion in Food & Drink started by himalipatel • Aug 24, 2013.

1. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    Do not have an ice cream maker and want to make it home? Not its very easy and simple. Here i share you one recipe of strawberry ice cream without ice cream. Follow the recipe to make it at home.
    Ingredients:

300ml cream

225g Strawberries (with stalks removed) or other fruit puree

175g icing sugar

Method:

1. Blend your strawberries until they make a smooth puree.

2. Add your cream to a mixing bowl and pour in the strawberries and icing sugar.

3. Whisk, whisk, whisk until it goes light and fluffy and forms soft peaks. I cheated and used an electric whisk.

4. Pour into a Tupperware box / dish and pop it in the freezer for at least 5 hours. I left mine overnight to be sure it was set.

5. Serve and enjoy!

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This recipe looks easy enough. I just wish it didn't use the metric system. I'm going to do a search on Pinterest and see if I can find a recipe like this one but using cups and tablespoons. I don't know how much a "ml" is.

3. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I tried making ice cream before, I used strawberry too, but the problem is the texture is not smooth. I don't know why. I followed all the steps but it did not turn out fine.

4. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried making homemade ice cream but I am useless at it. I think its a hard thing to make. I am going to have a go at this recipe though and see what happens. Thanks for the share :)

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really eat ice cream anymore, but I have been pinning similar things to this on my desserts board on Pinterest. Mostly it is how-to for making sorbet with a blender, but there are also ways to make ice cream without cream. If you like sorbet granita is really easy and all you need is a pan and a fork.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why did you title the thread making chocolate ice cream at home and then provide a recipe for strawberry ice cream?

Preventing ice crystals using the freezer method involves a lot of time and effort, you need to stir the ice cream often.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds easy enough, although I agree with ASCAPA in that I would like the measurements to be in another form, like using teaspoons and cups. Even though it's not summer anymore, and therefore I don't really feel inspired to make ice-cream in colder weather, I might try this because of it's simplicity. How would one make the chocolate version, how much chocolate goes into the recipe?

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I want ice cream pronto and don't have any made, I like to do the banana trick. Just throw a frozen banana in the blender, add some cocoa, vanilla, whatever you want and it has the perfect ice cream consistency. Just like the real thing (if you don't mind the banana flavour). Otherwise, I avoid dairy at all costs.. I am so against the industry and how those poor animals are suffering. Aside from that, if I'm ever not grossed out by drinking a cow's bodily fluids, I'll go straight to a farmer. That said lol.. I use full fat coconut milk etc. Ice cream can be made so many different ways :)

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    300ml of cream would be about 1 1/3 cup, 225g of strawberries would be about 1 1/2 cup and 175g of sugar would be about 1 cup.

I think that you would have to use a fruit puree and definitely an electric blender to get a good consistency. I don't think you could ever match an ice cream maker but you might get fairly good results by using the electric blender. I might give it a try next summer but right now our summer is over and the temperatures are already dropping.