Making money online

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by junebug • Aug 2, 2014.

1. junebug

junebugNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone make money working online? Do you do it as your only source of income or is it in addition to another job? What sites have you found that pay well or give you good rewards? Do you prefer to be paid in cash or rewards? As I posted in the thread about surveys, I haven't been able to make a go of it by completing surveys, but I'm interested in other sources of income to supplement what I already make. Any thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated and hopefully helpful for others as well. Thanks in advance.

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    There are actually several threads about this topic already. Anyway, I do make money online. Mainly from, well...surveys. I know they are not for everyone but they work for me. I also do paid forum posting and product testing. If I buckle down on all my websites, I can make upwards of $100/week.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    dustysmommy2013 may I ask what sites do you use to product test and surveys that pay cash. I also do paid forum posting and make a few dollars aweek and would like to expand that amount.

4. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    Well, I get most of my free products from surveys. My favorite survey sites are: Global Test Market, SurveySpot, and Swagbucks (they have a survey section that I usually have a lot of luck with). Pinecone Research is also a great site if you manage to get accepted. They pay $3 per survey. The surveys are quite sporadic though. Some weeks I will get 3 surveys but then they won't come again for 2 weeks. They are very reliable about paying though and sometimes send products to test.

For free products, I like PinchMe and BzzAgent. You review the products they send you in exchange for points that you can then redeem for rewards. Those sites are obviously slower earners though.

This kind of work isn't for everyone but it works for me. I like it because its NOT an hourly job. I don't have to sit in front of the computer for certain hours per day. I can get up and leave whenever I want to. I hope you have good luck too!

5. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    How have your profits been going lately Dustysmommy? I've been meaning to ask, but I've been rather busy myself so I've forgotten to, sorry :S

Hope you're well though, it's always nice to see you around :)

6. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    Thanks! Same to you!

Well, one of my highest earners has slowed down quite a bit. Almost all of my paid forums are "inactive" right now so that's a bit frustrating. I'm still chugging along with all my other sites though so that's great. I still manage to get about $100/week so I can't complain too much. What about you? Have you reached your goal?

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks dustysmommy2013 for sharing your information. I have also notice my paid forums are offline which does make it hard to meet your goals. I was doing a survery that pays cash with a payout of $15 but I have not had a survery for 2 weeks on that site, I am at $10, need $5 more to get paid and it has taken me more than 2 months to get to the $10.

I am doing Swagbucks also.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do work online to make extra money. I do surveys and forum posting. Some days it's really slow and can be discouraging, but I always figure it's better than nothing because I do this in addition to my full time job as a way to have fun and make a little extra. My goal, very low and I am definitely not as good as others, is to average $5/day per site I work.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also just post in forums, do some surveys and do some small gigs on Fiverr. I intend to earn passively online in the future though but that will take a lot of time and work, but once I get around to it, I will really do it. I think writing articles can also pay off if you're good at it.

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    A hundred dollars a week is a good chunk of change. Are those surveys really worth it? I've tried some of them and they seem very time consuming and a waste of time.

11. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I've been working online for three years now, full-time. A huge portion of my income comes from my own websites. I earn from ads and affiliate commissions. I also write articles and build websites for clients. It was hard at first but everything becomes easier when you already have a grasp of how things work.

12. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I know a few websites that are totally legit although they really need a lot of work to earn points. Websites like Swagbucks, Inboxdollars.com, Bubblews and Clixsense. These websites does pay you through paypal as far as i know but they have different payout amount and truly needs a lot of time and requires a lot of work to earn money.

13. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I saw that Bubblews was updated recently. I used them about a year ago, back when they had a bad reputation, and ended leaving the site. It looks more professional now I guess, but I wonder if they pay people now. I would try Bubblews again, but I haven't found any new reviews or information.

14. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do. I work as a content writer for several sites and the pay is, well, sometimes good but most of the times not. If you're looking to make a lot of money working online then you either have to work for several sites at once or think of something really clever.

15. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I work online and the extra cash I make is supplementary income to me. However, if you want to make more, I would suggest Microworkers. Microworkers is by far the best micro task website out there. I make an easy 7-10 dollars a day with site. The only downside is when you first sign up, you must wait until they mail you you r pin number to verify your address which took two week before I could withdrawl my earnings. After that, it's a breeze. Other than that post-loop is the best I've found do to how fast they pay you.

16. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I make money online and I'm trying to turn it into income that I can depend on further than it just being a source of supplementary income. I generate money from a variety of sites, with my favorites being ClixSense, Tellwut, Global Test Market and Opinion Outpost. All are great sites and I do surveys on all them and earn some good cash. And as for my preferred payment method, definitely cash whether through PayPal or a check in the mail.

#16Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  17. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    I use MTURK & FIVERR almost exclusively, and after about a year on those sites I'm finally generating some real income. I made just under 11k last year, without ever leaving my big comfy chair. If you do quality work, people will start to notice.

18. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    You can make your own website and sell items. If you do not have any items to sell, you can join any affiliate programs of big companies like amazon (example only) where you refer them clients and get commission. I agree that participating in survey is not for everyone. I tried it and it just not for me.

19. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I make a good chunk of extra change monthly online. I usually earn upwards of $200 a month working online. I review music as well as do some online posting and article writing for extra cash. I think it's simple enough that everyone can do it, in my opinion. Luckily, it's not my only source of income. I'm mainly using my extra cash to save up for big expenses and to increase my emergency fund.

20. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    Recently I started using GIGBUCKS and MICROWORKER. They seem to be pretty good ways to make a little extra. I work from my computer so I'm already here doing stuff, it don't take long to do little tasks. I like it actually. It's better than working the grind.