Making My Own Body Care

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by butterfly1 • Aug 16, 2015.

1. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    I have found that I can save quite a bit of money by creating my own body care products. The benefits that I see is that I can save a lot of money. Also, I know what is in the products, and I can have an abundance of everything that I need. There are many places to order the raw materials needed. Like soapgood.com and Amazon. Do any of you all make your own products?

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I do not really make my own products but sometimes I use natural ingredients and just mix them all together. I guess that counts as my own body care right? I mix oatmeal and milk then use that as a face scrub when I am feeling stressed and tired. I use pure sugar to scrub my lips. I use mayonnaise to condition my hair (smells so bad but super worth it after).

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Making your own products is a great idea when it comes to health and beauty care. There are a lot of different things you can make from home that are safer for your body than regular products. Of course, you might mess up the first few times, but it's not that hard to get the hang of after a few tries. I know a few women and girls that make their own beauty care products, and they all seem to love them.

4. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I make my own products: deodorant, body oil and hair oil. It is so much more convenient for me and I love knowing exactly what I am using and its benefits. I do not make my own soap, but I do use natural soap as well.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Wow your own deodorant? Do share the ingredients please! I love all natural skin care products. Deodorant being one of them. I was an avid user of antiperspirants before but then I read that it can cause breast cancer. So I stopped and resorted to organic and natural deodorants. Does your natural deodorant control odor? I use an organic tea tree deodorant now but I feel that it does not provide enough control.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    The only body care product I make homemade is body lotion. I use coconut oil and a little bit of essence oil. I have to say coconut oil is one of my favorite beauty products. It makes my skin and hair SO soft. I either lather myself in it and sleep in long pants and sleeves over night or use a little bit as a moisturizer in the morning. I also have bad rashes on my skin and a lot of scented lotions bother it. Coconut oil doesn't irritate me at all. I sometimes combine it with a little bit of lemon juice to help fade my scars.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    If Extra Virgin Argan Oil used it in its raw state directly from the bottle - counts as home-made body care - which I think it could - being a 100% natural food staple with similar properties to olive oil - that benefits the whole body both internally and externally - then yes I do now make my own.

Especially as since discovering Argan Oil purely by chance several years ago - when trying to find something to help with my husbands really bad eczema - I now wouldn't use anything else - as not only is it totally hypo-allergenic, anti-inflammatory and one of the most impressive beauty products that I've ever used - as the results are for sure seriously amazing - but more importantly - as its quickly absorbed into the skin and one of those rare and truly exceptional beauty products that can cater for all your beauty needs all from one bottle - its extremely economical.

So yes for me - switching to using Argan Oil not just for body care but absolutely everything - hands, feet, face, body and hair - has saved me a huge amount of money - particularly as - apart from from being relatively inexpensive to buy and really good value too - as one bottle generally lasts for a year - the savings made from not having to buy individual beauty products are really quite substantial.