Making My Own Jasmine Tea

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Diane Lane • May 9, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not going to save me any money, since I had to buy the green tea anyway, but I'm trying out an experiment, and am infusing green tea with jasmine flowers from my garden.

To me, this site isn't just about saving money, but is about adding quality into our lives, which making my own jasmine infused tea could do. I'm not sure there would be any additional health benefits, but I love the scent of fresh jasmine, and my jasmine plant blooms for a good part of the year, so this could be a way (if it works out) of decreasing my stress. I tend to stop what I'm doing and breathe in the scent of the jasmine while I'm outside, and if the home-infused tea is more fragrant, hopefully it will remind me to pause, take a deep breath, and relax while I'm drinking my tea.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My experiment went well. It took longer than I expected, probably because my ratio of tea bags versus jasmine flowers was off, but I removed the flowers from the container yesterday. Initially, the green tea smell was very strong (I used Japanese green tea), but over the week, the jasmine flower infusion lessened the scent of green tea, and now the bags have a nice mild jasmine scent. I made a cup last night, and it was very smooth, and not overpowering.