Making time for your workouts

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by maddie • Nov 26, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do mine during the afternoon when my kids are napping or i will wait till their in bed and while my husband stays home i go to the gym

2. kevin228

kevin228New Member

Threads:
    I can't even make time for my workouts, I just have to fit them into my schedule somehow. After school, work, and going to the dance studio there isn't much time for me to follow my routine. But, I normally make it work by working out when I get home after all of that.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    The holidays for me were terrible as far as exercise was concerned .. I ate all the things I wasn't supposed to eat and had no exercise to mention at all. I gained quite a bit of the weight I had lost earlier... I have been finding it difficult to settle back into the old rhythm.
    Most of my friends too have gone off their diet. I have noticed that my rhythm has gone and I am craving for all things not so good.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Making time for exercise should not be a problem for ANYONE. Studies are showing that as little as 2-minutes of high intensity exercise per week is enough to gain from the health benefits associated with exercise. Everyone has a few minutes spare.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    LOL I wish I could do some high intensity exercises... my knees are an issue..
    I agree everyone has a few minutes to spare but getting into a two minute routine without proper warm can cause more damage than help.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Time management, Maddie, time management! All I really need is to give myself some kind of a schedule and stick to it, but as things come up and my routine gets disrupted I get sidetracked. I started wearing my pedometer again and yesterday I did over 5000 steps. It's a start, right?

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your knees are an issue because of your diet and lack of activity. Joint problems are caused by inflammation and inflammation is caused by poor diet, stress etc.

Of course you need to warm up before doing any exercise, you should still have more than enough time for the warm up and training.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah that is a start alright.. I do my long walks .. but there are those days when my knees hurt like mad..
    @ bolt.. you cannot make assumptions like that.. I have been an a mainly raw veg and protein diet for sometime now.. and no the lack of activity came after the knee issues.. Well I am not the one to cry.. I do my best and work on getting back to living as healthy as I possibly can.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I had plenty of motivation before my pregnancy but now that I have given birth to my daugther and carry a full time job I struggle to find the time to work out. What i try and do is incorporate regular home duties and my daughter in workouts-even if its just ten minutes a day. Besides watching what I eat (I've cut back on coffee, starches and increased my veggie, fruit, fiber and bran intake) I use my daugther as a workout item. When I get home from work and say hello to her beautiful little face I carry her and do some lifts with her in each arm. I will sit her on my tummy and sit up and kiss her forhead, sometimes I lay her on her play mat and do a few push ups kissing her toes and nose each time I get down. Not only am I working out but I am bonding with her and she loves the attention.

I don't do this every day but something is better than nothing. Since December I have lost 6 of the 20 lbs I gained from my pregnancy. That's with a better diet and minimal excercise. Once my daugther is a little bigger and can at least crawl around I will have more of a chance to do more excercises.

This is the best solution for me

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Aw, Maddie, so sorry about your knee issues! Is there any way you can get to someplace that has a swimming pool? That would allow you to get some exercise without putting any strain on your knees. I wonder also if a little cycling could help since your knees would be in motion, but you wouldn't have an weight on them.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do exercise almost everyday. Sometimes, I put it off until later in the day. That's not good because I never really follow through. I need to get my exercise in early in the day.

I do most of my exercises at home. I found some great YouTube videos that focus on exercising at home or outside without any equipment.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You don't need to exercise every day, that can be excessive depending on the type of exercise you're doing.

We should all try to walk as much as possible, aim for around 10,000 steps per day and then do high intensity training once or twice per week.

13. sjohnst77

sjohnst77New Member

Threads:
    I just don't allow working out to be an option. If you treat exercising like you do your other responsibilities and just make it a main priority then you'll be able to stick with you goal and see results. There's a bunch of apps that allow you keep track of your exercises, I usually use

14. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Working out should not be an option for you. Take out at least 30 minutes a day and MAKE EVERY MINUTE COUNT. Don't work out like a sissy. Those 30 minutes should be the toughest 30 minutes of your day. Better sore, than sorry.

15. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Oh and one more thing. It is a motivational tip by Jason Statham. He says and I quote "Your body is like a dynamite. Keep tapping it with pencil a 100 times and it won't do any good. Instead take a hammer and bang it once. BOOOOOMMM!!! I know its hard to take out time for workouts especially for those who are quite busy. Of course its hard. Its supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great. I would be rather covered in sweat at the gym or home than be covered in clothes at the beach.

16. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Find your trigger

Exercise can be difficult to schedule into our days, especially with so many other things going on! I'd like to suggest that if you can find a trigger moment in your everyday, then you can squeeze in that much more exercise. For example, when reading emails at the office, you can work on your leg balance, and single leg squats. If you're cooking, lift a weight in your off hand. I encourage you to find something slightly boring (you don't need 100% of your attention) in your day when you could multitask some exercise into that moment! Good luck!

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No offence but calorie counting is a totally outdated philosophy on weight loss and it is actually part of the reason so many people are still fat and ill. We are lead to believe fat gain is all about calories in versus calories out but this is simply not the case, the science has debunked it. Weight control is all about hormones, not calories.