Making Your Own Greeting Cards

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by deecee • May 13, 2012.

1. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    Amazing post.. I really liked this idea..

2. AlinaBentley

AlinaBentleyNew Member

Threads:
    While working on my office computer I saw an ad about a portal that can deliver customized greetings to India. Thanks to "Post My Greetings" who made my work easy. My experience with this gifting website was really good as my friend got the customized birthday card on time and in a perfect shape.

I am happy, that my friend will be surprised to see her favorite photograph on the card.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got lazy in the card department for years. It was much easier to just grab one; I'm a mom, I have things to do lol. My youngest is very creative though, so it's become something we do together. It adds a much more personal touch to a gift.. it shows you really mean it.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I make my own greeting cards if I have the ink to print them out I find it it's cheaper than going to the store and I can make a card for whatever I want and have it say exactly what I need to say in the long run I think if you have a choice to make your greeting card its a lot better than buying one.

5. AlinaBentley

AlinaBentleyNew Member

Threads:
    I was looking for a gifting portal that send greeting cards online throughout India. I got some websites while searching on the web and I was not sure about their services. But One of my friend's recommended me "Post My Greetings" where we can customize greeting cards using our own artwork and loveable messages.

#25May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  6. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    When I was young I used to do greetings card to my parents but not anymore. I think if your a kid even if your card is not that beautiful it's still cute or beautiful for them, but now that I'm old, I already accepted that there are things I can't really do. I'm not an artistic person.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always been a fan of making my own cards I loved doing it as a child and it just stuck with me as an adult it's a lot cheaper and I think it's a lot more thoughtful anything home made is the best in my eyes.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it is quite easy and convenient to make your own greeting cards, but for me, since I'm not that type of person who likes to "personalize" greeting cards, I'd rather buy from the bookstore.

9. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I always make handmade cards as I think it is nice for the receiver to have a personalised and unique card which you have taken time and thought over making. I love making cards by sticking embelleshments on are sparkly stones or glitter to make it look pretty. I often stamp images on to colour in and really like the tatty teddy stamps as they are cute and good for any occasion. Homemade cards are so much nicer than shop bought cards in my opinion.

10. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I often create my own greeting cards. I put a lot of effort into them so I know the recipients will appreciate them. I handcraft each one and they take me about an hour apiece. I personalize each card too; I include an inside joke or something personal for who the card is going to so that they know I really thought about them when I made the card. Sometimes the cards I make are the most elaborate part of my present! Handmade cards are great because they are more thoughtful and they save money.

11. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a nice idea, but i do not think that i can do i. I would rather buy a Pre made greeting card, and add my personal feelings to it. They only cost a dollar. It is simply not worth the trouble. Making your own greeting card seems like an unnecessary hassle.

12. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    When I had a large room that was all mine to work in, I had one half set up for sewing and one half for scrapbooking. I really miss that room. Anyway, homemade cards were fun and simple and a lot cheaper and more meaningful that buying them. I loved to stitch on them sometimes or use embellishments and I would have nights that I would set aside just for making my own cards to have ready when the event happens.

I have had to downsize a lot since then and haven't really made my own cards for about 3 years now, but they were a lot of fun and hopefully someday, I will have a craft room again and I can once again make them for my friends and family.