Making Your Own Music

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • May 19, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Does anyone here make their own music? I've been wanting to get into it because I think it would be a very entertaining hobby to pick up, so I just wanted see if anyone here could recommend a good software that they use. Some good resources for tutorials and other related materials would be very much appreciated as well, of course. And if anyone would care to share their personal works, please share them here so all our members could hear and enjoy your songs. Thanks, guys!

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I do sometimes. I know how to play the guitar. I play around when I've got nothing else to do. I just strum away, think of some lyrics, and try to sing something that would sound nice. If it actually sounds nice, I would write down the lyrics and the chords so that I could play it again. I don't use any software though so I can't be of help in that.

3. littledipster

littledipsterNew Member

Threads:
    If you're looking to do sort of like an electronic/midi/producing kind of project, I've heard great things about Pro-Tools. I don't use it but I'm pretty sure one of the members of Vampire Weekend recently recommended that to people who wanted to start making their own music, so I guess you could look into that. I've also heard some good things about Fruity Loops, but I am inexperienced with it so I guess I can only recommend these and hope they help!

4. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I have made my own music for about 2 years now. I know FL Studio rather well and I would recommend it to beginners as it has a really simple interface and is easy to learn. I did actually release some music and also sold an album through iTunes. I had a lot of my music on YouTube but unfortunately my account got suspended when I decided to upload muisc from other artists on there too. Currently I have at least 200 unfinished projects in Fl Studio, Ableton Live and Cubase. I use all of these to make my music and have created some awesome tracks! I have a bad habit of procrastinating though, or leaving projects unfinished and going on to make a new one. I still need to get around to trying Pro Tools, I have heard it is much better than all of the basic DAW's combined.

5. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I make my own music. I use my guitar to make my own songs and I use a software called Garage Band to record my music. Also I am thinking about upgrading to Logic Pro soon.

#5Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've dabbled in it with Fruity Loops, but I'm no master of it by any means. It was mostly just for fun to make some beats here and there, but I didn't have the patience to learn all the controls to really tweak it out. There is also another app called Sony Acid that I've used in the past to make my own "remixes". I actually entered one of them into a contest on their site and gave copies to some of my friends.

Another fun program is Mixmeister. It's more for creating seamless mix CDs, rather than creating music from scratch. I've actually "dj'ed" at a local bar a few times using it.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, both me and my friend tried it out for a couple of months, but ended up stopping only because we didn't have that much free time. It was really fun and we used some free copies of Reason and Fruityloops to experiment with.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    As a matter of fact I do! Here is one of my recent single under Blue Town Syndicate Records

:)

And here is my soundcloud account where I post some of my stuff just for fun.

Hope you guys would love my stuff! :)