Making Your Own Protein Powder

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Squigly • Feb 5, 2015.

1. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    For those who are fortunate enough to live near a baking store, check out if they sell whey powder! It's essentially the main ingredient in protein powder and packs loads of protein, and costs around 60% of an average brand of protein powder. Add some juice so that it doesn't taste too horrible.

2. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    I feel like if you're going to make your own protein powder, there's a lot of others you can add to help it provide more nutrients/taste. There's various flavors you can add to make it tastier including vanilla, chocolate, fruits, milks, nuts. Many of these are actually providing extra nutrients too. You can buy ground up nuts or grind them yourself. Flax, hemp, almond, etc. Sugar is also something that's pretty common if you still don't enjoy the taste. There's soo many things you can do it; experiment until you can find something you like :)

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not a bad proposal, but I'd rather buy what I've been buying all these years. I don't mind spending the extra premium on getting protein powder from a brand name company. I'd rather trust those companies than my local baker and my own abilities to make a comparable powder that produces the same results. The potential savings are a little enticing, though.

4. dillydally

dillydallyNew Member

Threads:
    Interesting idea! Never even knew it was available. I used to work at GNC so I always buy from there just because I know the brands. Have you tried anything other that juice to flavor it? I think that would sound weird personally. I usually get the more rich flavored powders like chocolate or Cellucor's Corfetti. I need the variety of flavors or I get bored fast. I recently bought some protein coffee you drink hot and it's amazing!