Making your own shoes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ChanellG • Feb 23, 2013.

1. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually a nice crafty project to do in my opinion.
    I actually think I would be a bit too hesitant to wear something that doesn't have too much quality to it and that list would include handmade shoes (the idea of them breaking while walking scares me haha).
    I think I would definitely treat this is something I make and then I would put on display but as for wearing I am not sure I would take that risk.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Those are some nice ideas and I had never heard of making my own shoes nor have I ever tried that but you know if the factories can make them surely we can and come up with some nice styles. I love your flip-flop style so keep making them. I think they are so cute and I never would have thought of that idea.

3. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't think that I would ever want to make my own shoes. I'm sure the results would be quite catastrophic lol.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:

Tweety, but these shoes shown here are so simple and you really cannot go wrong with them. I am looking for an opportunity to buy a cheap flip flop so I can try one of these out. It will be fun really. just add some bling if you like it.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I think I saw that too! I love the idea of Wonder Woman decoupage shoes! They could be cute to wear with jeans.

It's not my idea, I haven't made them yet. All of my flip flops are still wearable; I just thought it was something neat to share.

Anna, I think you could make them and wear them around the house while cleaning or whatever and see how they would work out.

Tweety, the first time we do something it is seldom perfect; initial attempts are usually learning attempts. I say give it a try, it could work out!

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think the sandals look pretty cool. I'd probably do mine differently but the idea is definitely great and imaginative and I never even thought of it. From afar it probably won't even look like a DIY shoe. I think I'll look into these projects a little more now that I have been made aware that it is possible to upcycle these things. Initially I thought shoes and slippers were just too complex to deal with but considering that they are so cheap and if you fix them they can look expensive it may be worth trying out.