Malwarebytes Kind Of Annoying

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by pafjlh • Feb 12, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, my brother currently installed the program Malwarebytes to my laptop. I have to admit that this program takes some getting use to and at times can be annoying. There are times when I am online and in the lower right hand corner pops up a message from this software. This wouldn't be so bad if the message would just stop or go away. But I keep having to click on it constantly to get rid of it. So, I am still getting use to this going on.

I do find it interesting though that when Malwarebytes does block something from going into my computer it seems to be coming from Skype. Not that this should come as a surprise to me, after all Skype is popular and its also a way that people could no doubt send Malware to others. So, even if its a bit annoying at times to deal with Malwarebytes does indeed do its job from what I have seen so far.

2. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I had a big problem with Malwarebytes when it suddenly blocked a website which I used to visit regularly. There is no warning, no option to add the website to exceptions, nothing. I had to disable the web part of the Malware bytes. Sure, it does reduce the effectiveness a bit, but you do not buy a computer to run Malwarebytes, you buy it to use the internet and if Malwarebytes blocks half the internet, I will have to look for something else.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It's not really a problem when you can just turn it off. I've that annoying popup and website blocking thing back then but that's an indication that the software is indeed doing it's job right. If you want to not be annoyed with it you can just turn it off on the settings and just disable website blocking.

4. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    Yeah! That is true. At least it leaves a big message that the website has been blocked by Malwarebytes. You know which program you need to go to, to address the problem. But that apart, I am just worried what else it is blocking that I am not aware of.

5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with Deathbyprayer, yes it is annoying but at least it's better to see and know that the software is actually doing it's job of protecting of your computer, annoying as it is. But the best part is that you're free to turn it off.

6. Hurin

HurinNew Member

Threads:
    I have the free version of Malwarebytes. I think the feature which you guys are talking about is a paid feature. You should be able to make exceptions to the sites that you don't want Malwarebytes to block. Such sites are called false positives, and any anti-malware or anti-virus tool worth its salt should allow the user to make exceptions. You should also be able to temporarily turn it off.

If it really annoys you too much, just downgrade to the free version. I have the free version, and the net blocking feature is turned off. Of course this means that you have to be much more careful about which sites you go to and what attachments you download. I'm quite knowledgeable about some of these things so I don't really have a problem there. If you don't think you need it too, then I suggest turning it off to save system resources and save yourself the frustration.

7. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I have it annoying too, but I do not need to have the web blocking part disabled. Though, there is merit in making the pop-up warnings less conspicuous. Instead of a large box on the lower right, MB can have a notice that you can only see when you are looking at the start-up icons on the computer toolbar. It will show a number instead, so show you how many sites are blocked.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have the free version of Malwarebytes and it saved my computer from a nasty rootkit that temporarily hijacked my computer and forced my browser to go to certain websites by redirecting me. I have nothing bad to say about the free version of Malwarebytes.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only time that I ever really find Malwarebytes to be annoying is when it auto comes up on your screen and starts scanning, and it slows your computer down, and refuses to cancel the scan or close down even when you hit cancel?? That and that sometimes when you know that there is a problem with your computer as far as viruses or malware, and Malwarebytes is not picking it up.

10. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    If the website blocker is annoying you, you have the liberty to turn it off completely or set some exceptions. Also, you can customize the notification tray on the software itself so you don't have to actually see it pop up every 5 seconds.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The website blocker is one of the features that I enjoy the most about the Malwarebytes software. I like knowing that if I stumble upon an iffy website, then I am protected. I am pretty internet savvy anyway, so I know when a link looks or seems iffy, am likely not to click it anyway. But having the extra back-up is great, and has flashed up a few times.

12. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Would you prefer a security program that doesn't alert you when things have been blocked or definitions are outdated? Most of them are persistent notifications that have to manually be closed out. Malwarebytes is no different in that regard, and you can simply disable or uninstall the program if it's such a big deal. The rest of us will take the protection afforded by the software instead.

13. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I think Malwarebytes is ok. It is slow sometimes though. What I like most about it is that it blocks some website telling me that they are potentially harmful to my system. It is good in scanning my system from rootkits, viruses and other malicious files. If the notification is quite annoying you can always turn them off.

14. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Compared to many other anti-virus and anti-spam software out there, Malwarebytes is by far very good in it's services. I've tried Kaspersky, Avast, and a bunch of other anti-whatever programs and their huge installation packages, and Malwarebytes have done what all the former can do and for less amount of memory space. More over, the biggest protection against any virus or spam is the CPU user their selves, so use good judgment and avoid clicking on shady looking sites or icons.

15. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I don't really like Malwarebytes. It consumes a lot of resources and I feel like it doesn't offer anything that my current antivirus lacks. I personally use Bitdefender free. It's awesome because you install once and you just forget about it. Almost no false positives and it's light and fast. It's also been rated as the best free antivirus many times. It also blocks potentially harmful websites.

16. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Is this the full version or the free version? I only use the free version (And would highly recommend it to anyone), but surely in the full version there would be an option to turn it off?

17. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use the free version. I believe that the free version is much more better and is definitely one of the best available. U think free version can also help you save some amount of money which is quite helpful. I have used only a few of them till now and most of them great. I do not find them very annoying.