Manual Labour For Fitness

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by remnant • Aug 25, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I find it quite exhausting to do house chores now that I have a full time job. I totally agree that housework is an awesome way to keep fit however, between cooking and other crucial home chores I hardly get time to do wash clothes anymore.

In today's hectic life, I feel we are missing out on many beneficial stuff.

2. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to the household chores, then I would imagine that gardening is the main way that most of us that don't go to the gym will get our physical exercise. I remember my grandparents having both a garden and also an allotment that they used to grow their own vegetables on, and while they were never really people that enjoyed gardening when they was younger, they thought that as they got into retirement age it would be the best way for them to keep active for them.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a landscaper and that kept me in shape because it required a lot of physical movement and being in the sun for a while. Being a landscaper requires you to carry heavy equipment, walk a lot and climb tall trees to cut branches while you're carrying a fairly heavy hand chainsaw.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am sure most working or even non working ladies are using automatic washing machines so they do not have to spend hours on washing clothes besides the dish washers and vacuum cleaners have made things easier but the fun of manual labor is lost up to a great extent.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Doing Manual labour is a fine way of indirectly exercising oneself but I don't it's enough. Not all part of muscles of the body get thoroughly tune with manual labour alone. I would advocate for a proper all body round exercise. Manual labour may help in working on the muscles around the arms alone.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    You are absolutely right. Nowadays the working class in the society especially those who are doing the office work have no time to do the manual labor. If they want to have physically fit, they have to do a physical exercise and no longer doing such manual job.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think the OP has a very good idea. Well, I mean, you can improve your fitness doing work, somewhat. For instance, obviously Abraham Lincoln became buff in his day via work. :)

Nonetheless, though, you have to realize Abe did very difficult work. He was into cutting timber. Nowadays, people often just don't work that hard. In that case, they would need a gym to target various muscles that might not get worked out via ordinary work. Anyhow, what do you guys think? ;)

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I must concede that doing manual labor could really help you to stay fit. Doing tasks which will have you moving about and lifting weighty stuff will enhance your body's elasticity, tone your muscles, and boost your energy levels. However, you should ensure that you maintain the correct techniques especially when you are bending your back or lifting weights because the wrong techniques may lead to injury.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think gardening, mixed with some other forms of exercise that you can do around the house-or if you get stuck at home -like some kind of youtube workout of some kind would help. Also you could mix some hiking or biking to the store in there as well,but i would make sure you get your heart-rate up a bit- for 20 minutes or so!

#29Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017