Massage as a gift

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Sep 26, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually don't like people touching my head, so when I do have a massage or facial with it, they offer me a head massage and I always decline and they offer me a hand massage instead. It also depends on the therapist, I've had some good ones and ones that were a bit rough and that can make or break an experience.

Massages used to be only for the rich, where now everyone can have one as it's affordable and accessible. Society has also made it look less elitist and is considered a therapy too to help people recover from illnesses, especially stress.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be a good therapy for chronic pain as well. For me, it would require a firm yet somewhat gentle touch.

I gave my husband a gift certificate for a massage for Father's Day a couple times. I couldn't bear to give him another one of those lame gifts for dads. He is somewhat shy, but he still enjoyed it. I'm sure it took him a minute to get comfortable, but he loves getting a back rub, so he managed, lol.

I never see deals for massages in my area any more though. They have become quite expensive.

It's true that it depends upon the person that you plan to give the gift.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    That's a pretty awesome idea. However, I am not fond of massages. I am very ticklish and I don't think I'll enjoy being touched by someone. It doesn't quite work out for me.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was given a facial gift certificate and it went unused, lol. I'm not that kind of girl who gets massages and facials, since I'd rather receive something tangible. But if the person is into them, then a massage or facial gift certificate is the ideal gift for them.

5. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Sidney....!! Absolutely agreed with you girls mostly prefer massages and facials, so the girls who likes facials and massaging will become very happy. A good trick for bringing happiness to them.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't forget salon gift certificates, since most girls love to have their hair pampered and get styled and dyed at the salon. :)

7. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    OHHHH,, the thought of a massage session as a gift just send chills of happiness up my spine. Having someone massage the painful spots in my back would be a dream come true. I have a Dr. Scholls massage thing that goes on my chair. It has four different massage areas plus heat. I use it everytime I sit down in my favorite chair and it does wonders. But an actual massage,,,,MMMMMMMMMM heavenly would be the discription!

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Of course sidney..!! Its become a trend these days. I also love hair styling. Do you????

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really, I don't spend more than $5 on a haircut, lol. I am not really conscious of how my hair looks, but I'm pretty sure I will have to dye it soon when my white hairs start to become obvious.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say I also don't like someone giving me a head massage, except if I'm having my hair washed at the salon. I don't know how people can have someone stick their hands and fingers in their unwashed hair LOL I don't know if its hygienic if the hair is not clean, plus your scalp produces all these oils. I'd be too self conscious. But I'm alright with any other massage.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Head and feet I am uncomfortable with. I don't mind feet when I am having a full body as they usually wipe the feet with a hot cloth and I am always conscious to have clean feet too. I would hate a therapist to have to massage smelly feet. I used to do facial massage and that was hard enough. It's not a pleasant job, so I try to make it as easy for the therapist as I can.

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    That would be something I would likely re-gift. Immediately. I recognize that it's a thoughtful gift that many would absolutely love to receive, but I would hate it for myself. Like Dreek (above) I am not up to relaxing in the hands of someone I don't know, so it would be about as much fun as going to the dentist for me.

I would not be opposed to purchasing a trip to a spa for someone else, though, if I knew they would love it.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Hehe Theo you cracked me up with the smelly feet! I'm the same as you; it's the courteous thing to do. It reflects well on you, and you're showing consideration to the therapist by coming clean. But you know, there are people who will just rock up in a disgusting state. I trained as a Beauty Therapist, and sometimes I would want to walk out.

When I have my hair have braided, I ensure it's shampooed and conditioned too. But not so with some people. The mind boggles :(

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I never give message as the only gift. But it's always part of my gift. Whenever I would give a gift to someone, it would always come along with a message why I gave that gift and also with my sincerest wish for that someone. But to give a message alone, I think it couldn't be a gift by itself.

15. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do think it would be more of a treat than a gift. It could be a fine gift for some lesser occasion, like a nameday or Valentine's Day, but when it comes to Birthdays and Christmas, I'd like to give something more lasting as a gift, so that they can always rememeber me with it.

16. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh...!! I believe that regularly playing with hair(hair styling) makes our hair week. But sometimes it chance our looks that let us feel fresh and better. And i love it. ;)

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well if you have the money for it and you really like to have your hair done, then go for it! As for me, a simple haircut would do.