Massive Hairfall After Giving Birth

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by mdbree17 • Nov 13, 2017.

1. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Hey, Moms out there! Have you experienced the same? Like I feel every strand of my hair is falling out every single day right after I gave birth. I read about it that it's normal, yet I have a thin hair and it's so frustrating. Every day I see strands of my hair everywhere. I don't even want to comb anymore.

Any suggestions? Should I change shampoo or is there a remedy for this? Thank you.

2. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    No that is not normal. Loss of hair is a possible indication of something very serious. I have never heard of new mothers loosing their hair after child birth. This is the first I came across this. The best option is to visit a qualified health practitioner for advice so they can run tests to determine the cause of this.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I know this is normal when my wife gave birth to our first child it happened the same. She didn't take any remedy for this, in a couple of months this symptom disappeared. If you are still having problems with your hair after a couple of months you should ask your doctor.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    This is very normal it is a very well known situation that happens after a mother gives birth and have been there myself. I remember having the front of my hairline almost bald soon after I gave birth and after some month it grew back in so don't worry about that, it happens to most mothers after giving birth.

5. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Like every day, I have a lot of hair fall. When I was pregnant, I used to read about what will be the changes after giving birth and it says there that loss of hair/ But it's been 5 months and I am constantly loosing hair.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    The hair is falling because your oestrogen level has gone down. You should use hormonal birth control from the second month so it can help prevent more hair loss. This type of medicine will help increase your oestrogen levels.

You can consider using hair thickening products too but it is better to consult a doctor.

7. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I already have a thin hair, yet here I am losing more hair than ever. My husband just told me earlier that he saw a bunch of hair fall in the shower which he disposed himself while I was disposing hair fall on the other part of our room. :(

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes my house was also full of hair and it still is everyday and my baby is already 3. It doesnt fall as much as it used to but it still does but the bald spots are already fiiled. I know it can be sad and frustrating but that is one of the side affects after giving birth for most mothers i have known.

9. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Oh gosh, sorry to hear that. I'm so anxious about what's happening with my hair.And to think that your baby is already 3 and you're still experiencing it makes me more anxious. I hope our hair will just stop falling months from now. I do hope so.

10. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    hair fall is very normal after giving birth to a child. I also experienced this. An experienced mom gave me some tips and these tips really worked.
    Take Folic Acid: when you are pregnant, your doctor might recommend folic acid. Folic acid helps in the development of fetus. There is also another benefit of folic acid, it controls hair fall.
    Oil massage also helps.

11. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    WOW! I didn't know Folic Acid could be of help with my problem. And yes, my doctor advises me to drink folic acid when I was still prego. Thank you for these tips. Glad to know. I'll definitely try this.

12. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Hmmm.... this sounds like some kind of hormone shift (normal after pregnancy) - sometimes it can affect your hair.
    Don't over-shampoo, this can make the condition worse. Don't depend on wigs or hairpieces/extensions too much either, they will pull on your remaining hair and can cause further hair loss. They can even cause hair loss on regular hair that was growing just fine. What I would suggest would be to eat oily foods, letting your natural hair oils accumulate some (so don't wash every day, maybe every 3rd day)... your natural oils help your hair stay protected and stronger. Washing it, even with "thickening shampoos" will just keep stripping it. Cracking an egg on your head can help (I know it sounds goofy, but it adds a lot of protein and extra protection for the roots and follicles)...and last but certainly not least, buy something (it's cheap) called a "hair spider massager" or "head spider massager". This stimulates your scalp to grow more hair! Let me see if I can find the link on Amazon for ya.
    Here you go:

13. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    OMG! This is so lit. Yes, I am familiar with the head spider massager, but didn't know it will help stimulate the scalp. All I am aware is that it's for massaging the head. Thank you for this info. I also tried not to wash my hair every day. I read about it, too. Sometimes, I wanted to cry seeing hair fall on my palms.