Matching clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Anna Blush • Feb 1, 2013.

1. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Are you someone who takes the time to match their clothes or do you throw anything on when it is time to go?
    (I always love matching my clothes the day before so I am never in the rush in the morning!)

2. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "matching". Did you mean a general color match or style? I really wish I had better fashion sense but color matching seems to be the easiest for me. Now if we are talking about what kind of article of clothing goes best with what, I am totally useless.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't spend a lot of time on it. I don't usually go out completely mismatched.

I also don't spend a lot of time coordinating my entire outfits to make myself appear fashionable and chic. I just put things together that look nice and then go.

4. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    When I have time to pay attention and color coordinate, I will, but it always seems that my clothes magically match themselves! I'll pick out clothes without colors in mind, and they just seem to always match, it's nice actually. :D

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend a lot of time matching or coordinating my clothes. I already know which items go together. I wear certain outfits. I don't buy anything without knowing what I'm going to wear with it.

6. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    For me it is most important to match the clothes. I hate to wear unmatched clothes because it sometimes creates bad impression of us. Wearing matched clothes is my habit, not only clothes but I also like to wear accessories which have a great match with my clothes.

7. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I like to buy clothes that are easy to match, as i usually spend little time on matching clothes.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Matching is something I consider when I purchase the clothes. I think how versatile the item is, what it will match with.

I like to buy neutral colours which will match with most of my wardrobe. Grey, olive, navy, brown colours.

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I always coordinate my clothes and accessories. I hate wearing things that don't go together. I don't have to spend much time on these as I always wear them together. I do play around with colors and prints but those are rare occasions.

10. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    When you’re single it’s great to have a mini fashion show and try mixing and matching outfits whenever you go out. Once you have children however it’s more of a priority to match their stuff first so your fashion needs usually come in dead last. My workaround is that when I buy pieces I make sure it will go with almost everything in my wardrobe so that I don't have to think too hard when I have to get dressed in a hurry which is around 99% of the time. It takes me longer to decide when I buy stuff but it pays off in time saved deciding what matches what.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much wear the same pair of jeans every day, so the most trouble I have to go through is finding a clean top... which is no trouble at all if I've recently done laundry.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I will just throw on the first things that fall out of the wardrobe but if I am going out for the evening then I will spend hours picking everything out and making sure it all matches, right down to the jewellery. :)

13. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Well, for me throwing on "anything" means whatever is clean and doesn't have to be ironed. It means not wearing anything special or dressing up, but it could be anything from an old dress to go to the market or jeans and whatever T-shirt is available to run errands. It just means I'm not necessarily wearing any of my favorite stuff.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Same for me... and it's how I get dressed most days. However, I mostly work from home, except for when I have to go on stage, in which case I'll take a little bit longer to get ready.

15. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

It depends if i'm just going to go to the store or something like that than i just throw whatever on but if i'm going to work or going out on the town i like to take the time to match my clothes and everything so that it looks good.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on where I'm going, if I'm just going to the store or somewhere casual, then I won't take any time to organize my outfit and just wear what clothes that I can grab from the closet. But if I was going to attend an important event or something of a more formal nature, then I will definitely take time to organize my outfit.

17. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I have a husband like that - and he can't even match colours. Must be a man thing!

I like my clothes to co-ordinate as far as colours, styles and fabrics are concerned, but I don't bother to get them ready the night before, unless I have a really early start next morning. That doesn't happen often, as I work from home.

18. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Unlike your husband, my husband just wear black shirts all the time! And it's all tshirts and no long sleaves and collars too! He doesn't like wearing any other color of shirt, unless it's a wedding! :eek: Good thing though as it's so easy to choose what he'll wear everyday..haha :D

But as for me, oh I always spend a lot of time picking the clothes I'm gonna wear when going out. No problem if I'm just inside the house as I can wear anything. But it's different when going to see friends or wander around. If there's an occasion (like party), I would spend the night before matching clothes and shoes! Even trying them on to make sure it won't be ugly..hahaha..Matching brown and black for me is a big no no..It looks to dull in my opinion..:p

19. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Unless it's a special occasion or a day I just especially feel like it, I won't spend a ton of time coordinating every detail of my outfit and making it flawless....but I don't go out looking like I got dressed in the dark, either. lol.