Matching Items For Pet And Owner

Discussion in Pets started by thisnthat • Feb 24, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Would you buy a matching scarf for you pet and for yourself? I can't remember which show it was on, but someone told me about it (I think maybe it was Shark Tank).

If you would buy something like this, how much would you be willing to pay? Where does one even purchase such items? I'm guessing there might be something on Etsy. Do pet stores sell this kind of stuff?

I know someone who would adore a set like this. Her puppy is her "fur baby." She'd probably buy a bunch of these in different colors, so I might get her started with a gift.

What do you think? Cute idea for you and your pet?

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat It sounds like a great idea as a gift for your friend. Especially as she would like that kind of thing. My dogs don't wear clothes. My puppy doesn't like to wear anything. He doesn't even like covers over him when it's a cold night.

My dog Sasha, who has since gone over the rainbow bridge used to love wearing little shell necklaces. We lived by the coast in Egypt and there were a lot of stalls set along the street that would sell all kinds of these little necklaces. They were very cheap and only made with a cotton string. I bought her quite a few and so she had many different ones. In the morning I would ask her which one she wanted to wear, she always showed that she was excited to have one put on her. In the evening I'd take it off of her and she would know it was bedtime.

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on matching scarves and clothes as I'm not really into dressing them up. Sasha used to love it but the two dogs that I have now don't like it very much.

#2Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that is so cool that your dog was actually into it like that. That makes me think that this really would be a good idea. My friend's dog seems to like wearing stuff. When I had dogs, they never did.

I remember once buying a nice dog sweater when it was really cold. My dog took off as soon as I let him out. He came back a few minutes later, no sweater to be found. Ha, I guess he made his opinion clear.

These kinds of items always seem cute to me, but it definitely depends on the pet involved. If they don't like it then I wouldn't want to make them wear it. Well, in my case, the dog decided to go take it off and leave it where I couldn't find it. It was funny really. He didn't try to take it off when I put it on, but as soon as he was out of sight.. gone.

I guess I'll look around on Etsy or check some pet stores and shop around a little. If I don't find something I like, I guess I'll have an excuse to hit the craft store and grab some yarn to make a set.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No I won't because I'm not even fashionable to begin with, so I could not care less if my pet and I don't have matching accessories or clothes. I would rather spend my money pampering my pet with regards to their health and make them fat than on accessories. Or I will just save my spare money to be used on vet bills if they become sick.

#4Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017