Mauritius

Discussion in Travel started by Serena • Dec 25, 2014.

1. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I have just returned from a month long stay in the beautiful island country of Mauritius. I think that it is one of those countries that should be on everyone's list of travel destinations, as its beauty is utterly breathtaking. I really enjoyed seeing the Seven Coloured Earths. Here, you will see sand dunes that are amazingly and naturally seven different colors. They are purple, yellow, green, violet, blue, red, and brown. I had never seen anything like this before. The capital of Port Louis is also amazing and quite beautiful, as it sits on the coasts. Le Pouce was also very beautiful and breathtaking with its amazing mountain range. I also enjoyed the Black River Gorges Park, with its picture perfect waterfalls. The only thing that saddened me about the park was that this was the remaining portion of the rainforest after deforestation. Being surrounded by clear, blue water was absolutely divine.

2. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    It is an admitted fact that Mauritius is a wonderful and most desirable tourist destination. It received the lots of visitors every year. I visited it for once and during my trip I explored its several places such as:
    Ganga Talao
    Flic en Flac
    Blue Penny Museum
    Black River Gorges National Park
    Jumma Masjid
    &
    Pieter Both
    They places were so beautiful and attractive. I would love to visit them once more.

3. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    I have been visited this destination only for two days. During this trip I only visited the Black River Gorges National Park. It is one of the prettiest parks of the world that is located in the hilly south-western part of Mauritius. This park is well known for its; waterfalls, vistas and hiking trails.

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! Isn't it looking strange that you stayed there just for two days? I mean what was the hurry my friend?

According to me the Black River Gorges National Park is the most incredible attraction of this region and offers the great views of surroundings.

5. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Ashlee can you share a list of attractions and points of interest in Mauritius? Moreover let me know do you just explore these places that you have mentioned in your post if yes, and then share information about the Black River Gorges National Park with me to increase my knowledge!!
    Share some images of this park if you have any!!

6. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123 ! I have already mentioned a list above in my post and you can see it.

Yes I have viisted the all places that I mentioned above. The Black River Gorges National Park is the lovely park located in Mauritius. It has the several picnic areas and also the field stations. There you can come along your family and enjoy the atmosphere. Here you can see its beauty in photographs.
    Black_River_Gorges_National_Park,_Mauritius.
    DSC05085.JPG
    black-river-gorges-national-park-33.

7. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Actually I have been there for a week but I came back after two days due to some urgent business work. You are right this park is one of the incredible sights of this region. Maybe I will go there soon with my family and I want too visit all its famous and beautiful attractions during this trip.

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! You must visit The Black River Gorges National Park because it is the place which has imposing effects and it fascinates the all visitors. I am sure you will definitely like this place. After visiting it don't forget to share your experience with us. It will be worthwhile for others.

9. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Your shared info about Mauritius is really appreciative and immense Ashlee! It would be really beneficial for all tourists. Mauritius island is one of most promising and alluring attractions among the nature lovers. It had a wide range of white sandy beaches and numerous of parks and other spots. Mauritius botanical garden is one of most visited and fabulous attraction of that region. It really mesmerized me and amused me with its beauty.I think Grand Bay Public Beach, and Botanical gardens are not to missed attractions of that region. If you are keen of photography then don't forget to check your camera again, because i don't think so you wanna miss to capture that amazing place's beauty.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is definitely one of my dream destinations! You've cemented my lifelong dream :) I've always wanted to visit Mauritius, and I think I'm closer to achieving that dream seeing as I've now moved back to my country of Botswana. In fact, Mauritius is just one of a list that includes Zanzibar, the Seychelles, Mozambique and Madagascar. **sigh** Oh to dream!

11. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Lushlala! Its great that you are going to explore that fabulous place. Tell me one thing that for how long you are going to stay there??? If you haven't decided yet then i will suggest you to must take a visit there during the month of (May to October). In these months weather remains stable and good for enjoying there.

12. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I have only been in Mauritius for a plane change. My island of choice is the neighbours, Reunion Island. Judging from the pictures, I'd say they are pretty similar, and both very beautiful! I hear Mauritius is better for tourism. Maybe because it is s'posed to be an English speaking island?

13. downsouth

downsouthMember

Threads:
    Wow looks like a very nice place to visit. All the way out in the Indian ocean though. Well maybe if I do some kind of Asia tour package I'll make sure Mauritius is on the list. :)

14. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Reunion Island is the nice French island located in France. I also visited it perhaps four or five years ago with my buddies. It has breathtaking views and they fascinate the all visitors. I have its some photographs.
    5_-_montagne980x500_1.
    reunion-island.
    [​IMG]
    reunion-islands.

15. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    That Island is known as world's intriguing and amazing spots. It is surrounded by the blue Indian Ocean which makes it more prominent and captivating. It did enjoyed sightseeing, hiking we climbs the mountains experiences there.

16. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    You are right Kylrey, Reunion Island is one of the prettiest islands of the world. It is one of the most visited destinations of this region. This prettiest island is located in the middle of the Indian Ocean. It offers active volcano, warm welcoming beaches and beautiful mountains to see.

17. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah maxwell...! After reading your post i think you had great interest in natural spots. Recently i came back from my Niagara falls tour and during my tour i also visited Thousand islands as well. It is an mesmerizing attraction i enjoyed there a lot and love to explore it's beauty through a small but lovely cruise from Cape Vincent to Wolfe Island. Have you ever visited there????