Mcdonald's Caramel Frappe

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vpresson • Feb 27, 2013.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my frappe's at Starbucks but they are so expensive so i finally decided to try one at Mcdonald's and i gotta tell you they taste just the same there isn't really difference in taste between the two and at Mcdonald's the frappes are a lot cheaper it's my new addiction i have to have at least one a day :) has anyone else tried them and what are your thought on the frappes?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried the McDonald's one when it first came out and it was so gross to me. They might have changed the recipe since then. It was so watered down. I do like Burger Kind's frappe. So good! Give that one a try. I think it is better than Starbucks and super cheap!

3. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I like McDonald's frappes, but I do find them to be much sweeter than Starbucks'. I now drink both, depending on what I feel like having and how much money I have in my pocket. It much easier to get to a McDonald's where I'm from, and obviously cheaper, but I'm a little biased towards Starbucks still.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really care for them from starbucks or McDonalds, don't care much for the taste. I would rather just have my really hot coffee, lol.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter and I love the McDonald's frappes and we buy them to celebrate certain things ,like when she gets good grades. I think they are addictive and I prefer the caramel one to the mocha one.
    They did a limited edition one with chocolate chips blended in and I wish that would become a permanent flavor.
    Sometimes they go on sale for $1.49, and my junk mail frequently brings coupons for them.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even know what a frappe is. Could someone enlighten me?

I wouldn't bother buying anything in Starbucks or McDonald's. It's not healthy and it wastes money you could be spending on something nutritious for your body.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Frappe is like a frozen coffee drink with whip cram on top of it. Think of a coffee milk shake and you would more or less have what a frappe is. It comes in various types of flavors, for awhile Starbucks was about the only place where you could get this type of drink and true to Starbucks the price for it was outrageous. Now such drinks are also being made at McDonalds and Burger King at a fraction of the cost.

8. vpresson

Threads:
    I think they have changed it cause it's super good now and not watered down at all but i didn't know burger king had the same thing as well i well def try it :) thanks for the tip

9. vpresson

Threads:
    I honestly don't see the difference between the two i mean in the same day i had two frappes one from starbucks the other from mcdonalds and both tasted the same to me

10. vpresson

Threads:
    Maybe you just haven't had the right type of coffee at mcdonalds or starbucks i'm sure once you find the one you like you'll be hooked :)

11. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried the Frappe's but I think the coffee from Mcdonald's is pretty decent. I also love how often they offer free coffee! But it is good to know the quality level is on par with Starbucks. I'm always skeptical of the ingredients in any Mcdonald's products though.