McDonald's Coffee

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Zyni • Nov 4, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not too long ago, McDonald's was giving away a free small coffee. I don't do McDonald's much, but we stopped to grab a burger for my kiddo. I thought what the heck, I'll try the coffee. It was actually pretty good, and it's a heck of lot less expensive than a lot of other coffees. I might just find myself going to Mickey D's more often now, even if it's just for the coffee. Does anyone else like it?

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like their coffee at all. It's a little too strong for my liking. But yeah, it's definitely cheaper. I find myself still drinking it, though, just because it comes with their pancake which I love so much.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with coffees from places like McDonalds or Starbucks is that they aren't all that good. My whole opinion changed about Starbucks when I saw employees go to a local Dollar Tree to purchase coffee. The simple fact is that it is cheap coffee sold at a premium price. All you have to do is add a little sugar or cream and it will taste like heaven.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of McDonald's coffee. It's a bit rich, but I like that. And their prices on coffee can't be beat. Much better bang for the buck than either Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. I definitely recommend you check it out. A lot of people seem to think it won't be good but when they try it they are impressed.

5. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I heard that their coffee was pretty good too, which is surprising considering they don't usually go the high quality route. Actually not too long ago, it's probably been a week since, I heard some people talking about how they bought a piece off another company who makes pretty good coffee, and that's probably why their quality is as good as it is. I should try it sometime...

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    You know, in a pinch, I don't mind McDonald's coffee. I actually like it better than Starbucks regular roast, if I just want a cup of coffee. I find that the McCafe drinks are overly sweet though. My husband hates it though, and even since they supposedly upgraded to higher quality, he claims it still tastes very strongly of chicory. Ironically, I think the chicory flavor is what most people actually like about McDonald's coffee.

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    All fastfood coffee, is nasty in my opinion - quick-coffee stop and go are a little better, but such places still do not sell good products. McDonald's coffee is by far one of the lower classed drinks I've tried from a fastfood joint, and no amount of sweetener will make it taste better.

I think most people who enjoy cheap or free coffee, have lower their expectations to adjust for what he/she has bought, or are in a euphoric state of mind and disregarding critical judgment of something he/she received for free - I have observed this phenomenon and read studies about it.

8. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    The handful of times I have had coffee at McDonald's it has been pretty good, I mean for 99c, when you just need a hit of caffeine, it's a pretty good deal. Some of the prices of drinks at Starbucks are just crazy, I've seen people pay upwards of $6 for some fancy, schmancy drink, which they are just gonna pee out half an hour later, I'd much rather spend that 6 bux on a book!

9. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a coffee lover, period, so it's hard for me to meet a cup of coffee that I don't like. I haven't had McDonald's coffee in awhile, I think I had some when I got some pancakes from there about a couple of months ago. I don't remember exactly if I loved the coffee or not, but I probably did. Now you have me craving a cup of McDonald's coffee, ugh.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I think the MacCafe is pretty much the best thing McDonalds has going for it at this point. Their food items have become a bit stale and I think their competitors are definitely out doing them in terms of coming up with products that appeal to younger generations of consumers at this point. The coffee and speciality drinks are really the only things I like from McDonalds anymore.

11. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:

"Become stale"...bwahaaaaa haaaa haaa! They start stale. There are probably more nutrients in the containers and wrappers their food comes in, than the actual food and sadly the wrappers are probably better for you.

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think some people just read too much into things or try to over-analyze. :p

I tried the free coffee, but I didn't become euphoric. lol I tried it again later, paying for it, and I thought it was better than what they used to serve. I think it tastes pretty good for fast food coffee. It has a richer taste. As stated, it's much less expensive than Starbucks and such. I really don't like Starbuck's anyway. It's overpriced, but I don't even think it tastes good. On the subject of over-analyzing... I think some people just think they're above others because they pay more for something or buy the "good" brand name.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the UK, McDonalds coffee is actually okay and the espresso is really good. Better than Starbucks and as good as Caffe Nero or Costa which are the other leading coffee shops. In the US, it's different though and wouldn't drink it there unless there was no where else open.

It's also cheap to reasonably priced and you get your little coffee collector token and cards too.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Better tasting doesn't at all mean higher quality. People love the taste of their food and that's definitely not high quality lol. Either way, I don't remember what McDonalds coffee is like, I won't contribute to their company for as long as I live. I'm anxiously waiting for them to crumble and I won't put coffee ahead of that dream LOL

15. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Josie, do you mind me asking why you won't contribute to McDonald's? I recognize some of their food isn't of the best quality and is high fat in many cases, but they do have healthy menus options such as salads and fruits and water. Do you just think the company is evil, or doesn't pay their employees enough or what?

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do think they're evil lol.. even their contributions are self serving. I would hate to see their good deeds come to an end, but for the most part, they do more harm than good. To the environment, to animals, to people's health (even their "healthy" choices aren't healthy in my opinion, but I have different views on that than most people and I do know they aren't force feeding anyone). I have many reasons to loathe them. They aren't the only ones of course, but I feel they got the ball rolling on "stomach shares" and all these companies being so ruthless. I don't just look at what a business can do for me; I look behind the curtain so I know exactly what I'm contributing to.

17. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer coffee from fast food joints then from coffee houses. For one, they are much cheaper. MD's is really good, so is Burger King's. I couldn't tell you which is better.

18. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought Chicory was a southern thing, perhaps they only add it to coffee in and around Louisiana? I know McDonald's does vary their menu somewhat by regions and locations. Heck, even Heinz Ketchup does this as well.

Someone, perhaps on here, mentioned that their coffee was one of the worst things to get there. Perhaps they were being a bit melodramatic, but long story short, they explained that the employees were never trained properly to clean out all the new coffee making equipment that they now have, and often times the units are filthy, with all kinds of mold and gunk build up on them.

19. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, that just removed my desire for their coffee, lol. Ewww!

Of course, there are lots of rumors about all fast food places that may or may not be true. That also may have occurred in a specific location with lazy employees. Who knows?

The one where I grab a coffee sometimes is in a store. It's a storefront shop where you can pretty much see everything from the counter when you order. Things look decent from that viewpoint and someone always seems to be cleaning something. I imagine the store front ones are a bit cleaner, since everything is so close to the customers (or at least I hope so).

20. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    For the price McDonald's coffee is not bad. Dunkin' Donuts coffee is better than both McDonald's or Starbucks in my opinion. And the best place to go would be a local deli or bagel store that know their customer base and make the coffee exactly to your liking. But since these are privately owned and not franchises you will pay more for less.