McDonalds or Kentucky?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by vida_llevares • Feb 17, 2013.

1. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    If i have a third choice, i would say no to both. I don't like fast food. For the two, i would say McDonald's.

2. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Did you know that there is HIGH amount of sodium in both McDonalds and KFC? I checked out a blog and found out that a Big Mac burger has 900+ calories and 60% is coming from sodium. That's A LOT!!! The more sodium you consume, the more body water is stored. I would rather eat KFC grilled breast chicken. Even though it is deep fried, it is not as bad as McDonalds. Yeah I eat fast food once in every 2 weeks. So it doesn't matter that much. But for people who eat fast food religiously, they must think again before driving there. A healthier choice would be Subway

3. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I've pretty well completely eliminated any fast food from my diet. However, I would have to say McDonalds between the two. I think mostly just out of convenience though. I have a McDonalds about 5 minutes away from my house. But I do really love the taste of Big Macs.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Kentucky for me every single time because I am a huge fan of chicken. :)

5. illusen

illusenNew Member

Threads:
    I curse the day I was introduced to KFC food! It's way more addicting than McD's for me. Their spicy chicken wings are unmatched and the original chicken recipes are so nice and oily (oily is good for me, I do love my deep fried food to be soaked in it).

I rarely ever feel compelled to enter a McD restaurant when I'm passing by. The smells are nice, the prices are alright, the hunger *is* there, I just don't feel the appeal of the meal. (I didn't mean for that to rhyme.) When passing by a KFC restaurant however, I will enter it 50% of the time to buy at least a small piece of chicken and a soda to go with it.

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I really like KFC. I would rather have a homecooked meal, but KFC is the next best think. I love there food, they have gotten a little expensive but that's ok, I still like to go there and it is only every now and again, so it works.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer McDonald's. If I'm going to eat fried chicken, I prefer Popeye's and I always get a lot of Louisiana hot sauce when I go there.

8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    To be completely honest my answer will have to be neither because I truly stopped eating at these places a long time ago.
    Now just thinking about them makes me sick. I prefer freshly cooked home meals or some homemade salads.
    Loving these places is a thing of the past for me!

9. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    Although, as stated above, they are different in what they offer their costumers, being fast food restaurants it's fair to compare them. I can't really decide between those two, to be honest. I love McDonald's french fries and the burgers are also nice but KFC's sandwiches win against them. I'd say it's a tie, both have tasty products and both have nice promotions too, comes down to a matter of personal taste.

10. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I never really eat from such places: they are very expensive for one thing. For another, I am vegetarian so there tend to be very few options! If I were going to get something from either, I would choose McDonald's because they at least have a few vegetarian options. There are some veggie burgers and wraps that are approved by the Vegetarian Society. To my knowledge, the only thing I would be able to order from KFC would be chips. However, I would never normally bother to buy such anything from either of them.

11. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Out of the 2, McDonalds but I really don't like either that much. I prefer Popeyes or Chic fil A for chicken. I rarely eat fast food tho, maybe 3 or 4 times a year I will eat any fast food besides pizza.

12. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    For me, McDs! I always find KFC too greasy, and I like that McDs has the dollarsaver menu, so I can get but one single burger, and a side salad. I am not a big fast food eater, so having the choice to pick single, little items is good for me.

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a hard one cause my favorite place for bugers is Mcdonalds and my favorite chicken place is kfc so I can't choose lol

14. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    Lets be honest here, the chicken from KFC is off the chain, but on a more serious not about the comparison, McDonald's wins hands down. The simple reason being is that they have a lot of variety. It would take me over two weeks to get bored of the McD's menu if i had lunch there daily. Kfc on the other hand a few days and i would be tired of that tasty chicken made from that original recipe of herbs and spices that we all love.

15. carclain

carclainNew Member

Threads:
    Are you serious? McDonalds hands down! Cheaper, tastier, I have an outstandingly high metabolism so I could care less about the nutrition value of either places.

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    McDonalds all the way.

Kentucky does have some delicious tasty chicken, but McDonalds have a lot of great products, at least for the fast food standards.

17. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I really prefer Kentucky Fried Chicken! Even though I know it's just as unhealthy, it almost tastes more homestyle to me. McDonald's isn't so bad really, but I like Burger King better.

18. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to burgers and fries, I'd choose McDonald's. When it comes to chicken and drinks, I'd go for KFC. But if I would have to choose an overall winner, I would definitely prefer KFC since they have a wider array of food products to choose from.

19. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i prefer McDonalds

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's plenty of videos and docs on what goes into those chickens lol... just because you can't see it as you take a bite, doesn't mean it's not in there. All fast food chains have their poisons. Don't even get me started on what all those animals go through to end up in our stomachs. I know, I'm preachy lol...