McDonald's Overcharged Me Twice In One Week

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Jul 31, 2012.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone gone through the drive through at a fast food restaurant and thought that the order was more expensive than they thought it was going to be?

A few days ago I ordered a combo meal at McDonalds and paid with my card. I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't pay much attention when she said the price, but as I was waiting for the order it hit me and I looked up at the menu board and noticed she charged me about $2 more for the combo than it cost. When I asked her why she did that she looked confused and brought the manager over who told her that she rang all the items in separately instead of as a combo. So the manager asks me to swipe my card another 3 more times while she's correcting it. Says shes going to refund the first check and ring up a new one. Fine. Only when I got back to my table, I noticed she didn't refund me the full amount on the first check. I looked into my account over my smartphone and saw the two charges, the wrong one, the right one, but then saw a *third* charge for the difference that she was supposed to be *refunding* me for.

I find it hard to believe a manager doesn't know how to run a register, nor do I really believe that a cashier at that place doesn't know what the price of the combo meals are there or would prefer to enter in all the items separately like that. When I confronted the same manager on why she charged the difference back to me and why she shorted me on the first refund, she literally shrugged and said "I don't know". I asked her to write her name down on the reciept and she scribbled it illegibly. My only recourse was to call McDonalds main line and make a complaint. They said the store owner would call me back, I've never received a call.

This angers me because for people ordering multiple combo meals, it probably slips by quite often.

The other thing that irritated me was I went through that same locations drive thru a week prior and thought something was off because I ordered a combo meal plus one of their dollar double burgers, and it came to like $8.50 when it should have been no more than $6.50 or $7 at most with tax. I didn't still have my reciept for that instance when this happened.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    McDonald's is ripping off their customers since the day they established it. I get sick easily eating their unhealthy meal which costs me more going to the doctor and paying for medicine. I'd rather eat at home and cook. It's more affordable and healthier!

3. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's a sign that you should stop eating at McDonald's. It's bad for you in the first place and it's just way too expensive. At least you didn't call 911 because they overcharged you. Just Google search 911, mcdonald's and you'll a lot of hilarious calls.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with Andrew. It's time to quit McDonald's. I had a kind of similar experience at burger king the other day. I asked for a double hamburger when I could clearly see on the menu that a double cheeseburger was a dollar and change. I was charged two and change. When I asked why, she said the double hamburger was different. So I ordered a double cheeseburger and asked her to hold the cheese. She charged me a dollar and change but then there was cheese on the burger. Apparently a slice of cheese at burger king cost a negative dollar.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Everyone on this thread pretty much said what I felt. Each time you spend a dollar, you are supporting a system...or alternatively: pulling your support away. I mean if they sneak an extra dollar from a million people a day...that is one million extra bonus dollars. Also, they are the main sponsor of the Olympics so maybe they are needing to make their advertising budget (ha-ha). Wink.

Ultimately, I feel it is time to take your business elsewhere.