Mcdonald's "quality" Service

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Zyni • Jul 28, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like McDonald's food, but my kiddo does, so I get it for her sometimes when I'm in the city. One such visit, after waiting forever to hear them call my name, I went back up to the counter to check on the order. Another woman was standing there laughing. She had ordered "a Big Mac with nothing on it." She opened the box to reveal a three tiered bun with "nothing on it." She explained that she meant no condiments but did in fact want the burger. She was a good sport about it though.

On another visit, I ordered the burger "ketchup only," because that's what my daughter likes. I got it home to find that it had everything but ketchup.

Yep, fast food is hard. I can see why the minimum wage should be doubled.

2. JoshSmith

JoshSmithNew Member

Threads:
    Not really sure why you expected good service at McDonalds. Its one of those jobs where everybody is miserable and doesn't want to be there. Im sure if you were working at McDonalds you wouldn't be the happiest person either.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jobs at places like McDonalds were never intended to be a full-ime job for someone to live on. Working at a fast food service drive-through has been something that teenagers did in the summer when they were out of school, or sometimes seniors or partially disabled people who need an income to supplement their Social Security checks.
    It was a place where young people got some job experience, and then they had something to put on their resume when they applied for a full-time position somewhere.
    As far as what you are asserting, @JoshSmith@JoshSmith , that the people do not want to be there, then it might be time that they started doing a better job at McDonalds, so they can get a good recommendation for when they find a job that they like better.
    Just doing a poor job because you don't like working someplace is not going to help anything at all, and it certainly is not going to get anyone a promotion to a higher paying job, either.

4. AgentD22

AgentD22New Member

Threads:
    Hi!

I can see why you can get a little angry at them, but I feel this doesn't change my view on them a little bit and i'm going to tell you why (A bit of a devil's advocate so bear with me):

Mcdonald's employees are already making a big effort in taking your customized orders, which is giving you a lot for stuff that costs a dollar to five dollars, for that price you're only paying for the food, expensive restaurants can take custom orders easily because you're paying a lot for their service, but on cheap McDonald's it feels wrong to complain...

Anyway that's how I think about it, please don't hate me hehe

5. MVLaHearse

MVLaHearseNew Member

Threads:
    Hmmm.....I'm wondering if some of that is regional. I've been to locations where the service is excellent and I've been to some that had horrible service. I don't eat there myself but on trips with my family they would stop and eat there. As far as who is supposed to be working in fast food I remember a friend of mine having to grab a job there after they were laid off from their well paying job just until they could get a better one. It turns out the industry their degree is in went bust and it was harder than they though. She is in her late 30s with three kids and I've been seeing more of that as of lately. However, it's like I said before it depends on the location and specific restaurant. It also depends on how well management trains people. So really people should be blaming the companies and the restaurants instead of stacking it fully on the people that work there. The management and the company needs to step up and train people better. Also, I'm in full agreement about buying cheap food and merch gets you exactly that.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest it's been a long time since I've had a bad experience at McDonalds. Never had the problems that a lot of people seem to have with them in terms of having wrong orders, cold food, or rude customer service. For the most part, I have enjoyable experiences when I choose to go to McDonald's, which is pretty rare at the moment.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last time I experienced being given a wrong order in Mcdonald's was along time ago, I was given a medium drink instead of an upsize. It was a delivery order though, so I wasn't able to complain about it, but if it happened when I was dining in then for sure I would show the receipt and complain. I won't reprimand the staff though, because I understand that people make mistakes.

8. southerngal

southerngalNew Member

Threads:
    The McDonald's in my town is pretty good. I can't really complain about it.
    They get my order correct most of the time and if it is not correct, they fix it straight away. The drive thru is efficient and doesn't take very long.
    The only complaint that I would have is that they have one very rude worker. However I usually overlook that because she is older, probably in her 70's. I have to say that if I am working at McDonald's when I am 70, then I will probably not be too happy about it.

@Zyni@Zyni Minimum wage should be doubled? You say that after a woman received a Big Mac with no meat? It may be fast paced but it's not that hard. It does not take a genius to figure out that people obviously want meat on their hamburgers.
    Getting paid $16.00 an hour to hand over a hamburger bun instead of a Big Mac? Sure I'll do that any day!

#8Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's unfair to tar all McDonald's and fast food workers with the same brush. I have to say it seems like this branch @Zyni@Zyni is at takes it to an extreme, but there are people like that.

I had a friend who was with me who ordered pizza with no cheese or toppings, just the tomato base and both the server and I double checked, and that's what she wanted!

Maybe the people who ordered weren't articulate either, as I have witnessed many ordering things that make little sense, and the server has to choose the right button to press. I think it's easier to just take off the bits you don't want unless you are allergic. Here, in the UK you put your own ketchup on!

10. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    That first story was really funny and I'm glad the customer was a good sport about it, too. I don't eat at fast food places a lot, but when I've been I haven't had issues with my order being wrong. I have though, experienced a truly long wait with a particular burger franchise over the summer that was crazy. When I think of fast food, I don't expect to wait 40 minutes to get my food.

11. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was poking a bit of fun. Not liking one's job really isn't an excuse to do it poorly though. Agreed, @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady.

This particular location is just always bad. Those are just two examples. I don't think it's really that difficult (having worked in fast food myself when younger). I'm not angry though, or upset, and I certainly wouldn't "hate" anyone for having an opinion. :)
    It was sarcasm. ;)

It is this particular location that always seems to have issues. I think it is poorly managed, and I should have clarified that. I'd rather have her put her own ketchup on, but I'm afraid to order it plain and end up with just a bun. ;)

@atlmom5@atlmom5 yes, this location takes forever to complete an order. It's not "fast" food at all at this one.

12. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I see tons of mixed reviews on this. The way I see it is : if you are a paying customer and simply ask to only have ketchup on your burger than how hard is it? Its not asking alot..
    But yes, McDonalds customer service is junk. I went there one night and after I placed my order my total was $17.27 ..I had exact change counted out too. I got up to the window and my total was $21.xx ... I asked why my total suddenly changed and she went psycho!! I mean, even went as far as calling me a "B" word!

13. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with McD is that they don't really listen to their customers until the event makes it to the news. I mean, look at how long they kept feeding people food without considering sensitivities - I mean vegans, minorities, people sensitive to certain kinds of oil, etc.
    But then again, they are synonymous with paying minimum wage, so yeah, can't really expect the best of service. I really do believe that they can pay people more. And train them too.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that many of the drivethrough restaurants have trouble with customer service. When they are trying to multi-task, hand out orders, and still listen through the headphones and get an order properly, it can be difficult to do. I worked at a Subway for a while, and I was always busy doing something, and it was hard to hear what the customer was saying when they ordered, and the connection was usually terrible. If they had kids hollering in the car as well, then it was even harder to understand what the person was ordering.
    This explains some of the issues, but sometimes, I think that the person working there just does not pay attention, or maybe doesn't care if the orders come out right. Many times, the person has gone all the way home before they discover a mistake with their order.

15. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Once or twice I have ordered at the window. Got my order home, 20 miles out in the country, and found it was not a completed order. So I have learned to always check before I get out of town. Overall, I like McDonalds. They have delicious salads, a good breakfast selection, and we also like the Double Quarter-Pounder w/ Cheese meal. The other day I went there and they delivered the fries to me piping hot from the grease. I ate them immediately so they would not get cold.

16. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Just recently a friend of mine ordered a piece of chicken with rice to go(they serve rice in our country). He went home starving and began checking out his food. He opened the box and didn't get what he ordered. Instead of a piece, he got 2 pieces of chicken and rice. They really have quality service.

17. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If that happens, I would usually complain to the manager and at least in my area, the manager will do something about it. You might even get a free meal or a free piece of food.

As some have said though, most people are in bad moods and don't get paid enough to care.