Mcdonald's These Days

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gin0710 • Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    How are you feeling about McDonald's these days? I honestly don't know how much longer they will be in business. The last few times I've gone the service has been horrible at all the different locations and I won't even get started on the food. Do you think McD's is going out of business soon? Do you think they need to get on board with other restaurants where the food is made in front of you and start the new trend? Honestly, I think McDonalds just needs a new strategy entirely. Unless it's the last resort, not many people like the idea or the thought of going to McDonald's for fast food. And I think in order for it to appeal to kids in a healthy way, they need to re-think what makes a healthy meal. Including yogurt in a happy meal with chicken nuggets that are made from pink goo doesn't take away the pink goo. That's just my opinion. I think they just need to get with the healthy bandwagon program and train for better customer service.

2. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I hope they close down for good one of these days. They're absolutely horrible quality and fake food. It's ridiculous that people even still eat there. I haven't eaten there in years and will never again. Even if they tried to reinvent themselves, they're just not trustworthy. I don't care if they got actual healthy food, I would never eat there. It's just a horrible franchise. It doesn't even taste good.

3. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I remember when McDonald's was a good place to eat. The food was always fresh, and I could get cookies in my kids' Happy Meals! I don't understand why anyone would go there for "health" food. It's a place to go to enjoy fast food once in awhile, as a treat. Personally I think when they started caving to the health nuts, their quality nose-dived. I doubt they can hold out much longer. The only thing good is the coffee.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's gone downhill; it used to be acceptable to go for breakfast but now with no egg mcmuffin I have no reason to go. The service is sloppy because they hire cheap labor and it's sad.

My father had a fillet-of-fish and it was out together so badly, (half was outside the bub) that it put him off going back again. There have been a few safety issues too, so overall the standard is low and seems unsafe too now.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The serivce is most definitely sloppy, and the staff members are often full of attitude and just do not want to be in that job. It is very obvious to say. They sigh, and act uninterested, which I completely understand. But at the same time, I don't like to be disrespected, even though I know that it is not personal. The food is awful there too. And it can be so expensive.

6. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    One of the things I have always enjoyed about McDonalds is that the food was the same no matter where you were. When traveling it's just so easy to go to McDonalds and get a burger that will taste just the same as if you were in your own neighborhood. Unfortunately, that's no longer true. I wonder if the local Manager's and franchise owners realize that McDonald's is all about consistency to some of us. Smiling clerks, good customer service, a clean place to eat and fast food that you are familiar with used to be their business model. Perhaps it's no longer possible in this economy?

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can not get consistent quality at McDonalds. Some are very good, and others, like the one we have in a nearby town are not good. I hope they never close down though, they are an American institution and it would be sad to see. I think even if they have to charge more for the food they need to improve their quality, to make them comparable to the other fast food restaurants.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this is becoming more and more true of all fast food restaurants, but yes, I consider McDonald's to be in serious decline. I don't know that they will go out of business any time soon, since even though they grow worse and worse, the ones in my area always seem to be packed with people.

I think the worst part with many of these places is that they really aren't even that cheap any more, unless you stick strictly to the "value" menu. I'd rather just go eat someplace else. It doesn't even smell good when i go by there any more.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Quite a few stores have closed, but not enough to bring them down. They cater to the people who think they can't afford proper food and those who just don't care.. they have a huge customer base. People complaining about how questionable the food is there, are eating the exact same stuff from the grocery stores.. so not sure why the problem with them? The rest of the chains are just as questionable, but because some of them are better at mimicking healthy foods, they're more acceptable I suppose. People are easily fooled.. most are eating the same thing no matter where they get their food. if you question a fast food chain, I beg you to look into the foods in your cupboard.

10. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I've always Mcdonald's food, to be honest everything that I've eaten there has no taste at all, like you can't even realize what you're eating unless you check the name. Only decent thing are the ice-creams and the youghurts.

11. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends what location you go to. The locations in the city are horrible, gross and customer service is bad. However in the suburbs and country they are more like family restaurants; clean with friendly staff. As for the food I'm personally not a fan but I have to admit I think they have some of the best french fries.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    You think so? Do you live in the USA? It may be different in different countries. But in my area - and I live in the UK - it sort of doesn't matter which branch you seem to go to, there always seems to be a few moody employees serving you, and it is not just McDonald's. KFC can also be terrible for moody and or rude employees, I have found.

13. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I live in the US. If you go to the rural areas (or country side) a lot of times chains are family run businesses. I was so surprised the first time I stopped at a McDonalds in Connecticut, to find that it was VERY clean and the employees were very friendly. The employees ranged from teenagers to older people all very nice and courteous. I definitely thinks it depends on the restaurant you go to (as with every retail chain in the US). I'm sorry it's not like that in the UK :(. It is sad to see how it can differ so drastically.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    You have McDonald's chains in rural areas? Lol. I guess that is a testament to how vast America is. Over here in the UK, we don't have hospitals in rural areas, much less McDonald's lol. How does the food taste from these family run McDonald's? Does it have that homemade taste to it? Does it taste fresher? It's not too big a problem over here for me, as I don't eat McDonald's food too much anymore.

15. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    It tastes the same :). I find these restaurants are a lot cleaner and offer more of a sti down family restaurant compared to locations in inner cities or suburbs. The city locations are more of a grab and go type of joint, where as in the “country” the restaurant is cleaner and offers more of a sitting area.
    I know years ago (I’m not sure it they still exist), they used to offer an indoor play area for kids; slides, a ball bin etc.

16. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    Service is always fine where I'm from. As far as food quality, I've been reading a lot about them and their food lately. Namely that they'll be switching to using eggs from cage-free chickens, and the eggs will be fresh cracked in the restaurants. There's more, but I can't really remember. I just know that I was pretty impressed by the improvements they'll be making.

One thing I don't think will work out is when they get rid of their dollar menu. I think that's an epically stupid idea.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think it will go out of business anytime soon as it is still one of the most convenient ways to get food and they have some items that people will never be able to live without at this point, such as fries, and when I say people I mean people like me. I don't even think they need to change to healthy food to survive because even though a lot more people are health conscious these days they are still hardly the majority. I've stopped eating fast food as frequently as I did in the past and it's now more just a luxury to me that I indulge in around once a month but it's mostly only due to the price, because they have gotten so expensive these days that I feel I might as well just spend it on actual restaurants with real food.

18. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No joke, one of the hospitals where I grew up, in St. Elizabeth's in Youngstown Ohio, used to have a McDonald's in it for many years. It wasn't until enough people started complaining how ironic that was, that they finally got them out of there.

Most of the locations where I live currently have all been remodeled or close down and moved to another new location. They really need to pair down their menu back to what it used to be in the 80's - simple and straightforward. All these gourmet items they've tried to add to the menu over the past 15+ years haven't been good at all. They may be larger, and have a few fancier ingredients and condiments, but the meat - be it some "Angus" beef or some "Buttermilk fried chicken" all taste horribly processed and loaded with preservatives. Not to mention they are far too expensive given the quality of their food. When I worked at TGI Fridays, you could get a chicken finger platter which was hand breaded and made with actual fresh chicken tenders for the price of what you would pay for one of their "Buttermilk fried chicken" combos, which consisted of some super processed chicken patty that's likely been sitting around in a freezer for months if not years. When their prices start approaching the cost of what you would pay for an entree at Fridays or Applebee's, it's just not worth it.