Measurements

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Bolt • Sep 21, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really annoys me when a store or brand don't measure the garments properly. I have wasted so much money returning items because the measurements stated on the website were not accurate.

Do you think the shop should cover the cost of return postage? I think they should as they are at fault for the inaccurate measurements.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    They say to always go up a size or down a size, but some of the reviews of the site should've mentioned that as there are veteran shoppers that let others know about it. Are there no local stores that will allow an exchange?

3. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I agree. This is especially true with women's jeans. You HAVE to try them on, because literally 8 times out of 10, they probably won't fit! No joke, I fit in so many different sizes. Sometimes I'm a 3, usually a 5, and sometimes a 7. It just varies so much depending on the brand and style. I wish it was all the same sometimes, or else they had certain ones to fit certain body shapes so that we didn't have to play guessing games while shopping.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any clothes online yet, so I guess I will be keeping in mind that it's liable to get the wrong size when you buy clothes online. That's why it's a must to fit clothes when you buy them to be sure that it fits you perfectly.

5. doney96

doney96Banned

Threads:
    That is lazyness on there part when all they have to do is make sure that the sizes are correct, it's the same with shoes too no one can be bothered to check the small things anymore but they are quick to take our money.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also had bad experiences when it comes to this which is why I normally shop in stores that have free shipping there and free returns as well. I would also recommend reading the customer reviews in the comments section because sometimes they recommend to go a size down,

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I believe they should pay for the returning postage cause it is their fault that they have the measurements wrong.

8. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with you that they should accept responsibility for giving the wrong size on their website, which is why yo be on the safe side when buying clothes online, it's best to go up a size or down a size.

9. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    On a good day, in a reliable store where you've purchased jeans before, jeans are the worst thing to buy and to try. Sizes are never uniform, not even the same brand. If they've been pre washed, its a whole other ball game. Like you said, sizes can vary up to three different ones. I hate jean shopping more than anything. I would never buy them online, but that's me.

Absolutely! Free shipping back!

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can go wrong if you know the measurements for your fit and the measurements stated on the website are accurate. There is no mystery about clothes fitting. Know your measurements and the clothes will fit. The problem is that people measure differently or they just don't take the time to do it properly.