Medical Aid for Pets

Discussion in Pets started by Jennifer • Jun 14, 2012.

1. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    Today I had to take my ill cat to the vet. Blood tests had to be taken and she has to stay overnight because she is dehydrated and has a fever. The bill will be approximately $156. Because I love my cat and want her to be well again I am prepared to pay any amount, within reason of course. Which got me thinking about applying for medical aid cover for her and our dog. Do you have a medical aid cover for your pets? Is it worthwhile do you think?

2. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    If you are talking about Pet Insurance, you may not qualify anymore. If your animal has a pre-existing condition you are out of luck. I looked into them for my cat before he was diagnosed with asthma and decided not to go with it because they don't really cover much at all. You still pay the majority of the expenses and you pay a monthly fee as well so it ends up being about the same as no insurance at all. If you do decide to go for it, make sure you research each one to see what they actually cover. I hope you cat is fine!

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your advise. I will do a bit more research before I make up my mind. Apparantly she has an infection but they are unable to see what is causing it. They have put her on a drip and antibiotics and if she is eating today the vet will allow her to come home.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I hope that you cat is doing better by now and is back home with you. I don't know if pet insurance is really worth it or not. I have never had it before. I tend to think that you would be better in the long run just off paying a vet bill in payments than you would be in paying insurance premiums.