Members only forum

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by Adeal4u • Apr 19, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I think guests should be allowed to read some of the posts, and to see the rest they have to become a member. I think you would get more sign-ups using this method. When the forum is open to all there is really no point in signing up.

2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I think this is fair. Perhaps finding answers on here with out having to become a member just causes most of the searchers to turn around and not visit again until another answer may be needed from this forum. I think it should be a members only forum as well.

3. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Or create some option in which non-registered members can only see 2 lines of the first post of each topic, or something like that.

4. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I sort of agree with this. Guests shouldn't be allowed to access but so much of the content without officially signing up. I even do that with my own forum. If the person is too lazy to sign up, then you shouldn't have your content accessible to them. Plain and simple.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Members-only forums aren't any good for SEO. Google won't index those topics if doesn't have access to them.

I do support the idea of having at least 1 members only section, where we can share the very best coupons and deals available. That should encourage people to create an account.

6. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    The only access guests should be able to see is the news/announcement section. Other than that require membership sign up :)

7. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I disagree. Let the lurkers lurk! If you keep this forum closed down to members only, then people will be signing up, taking usernames, and leaving their accounts at 0 posts, which won't look good on the part of the admins. Forcing people to take part in the discussions they only want to leech from will result in them simply posting "thanks" or "is this deal still available?", essentially not creating a generally informative thread.

A VIP would be cool though, with a number of minimum posts and/or been around with a consistent post/day count.

8. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:

Then at the very least, the MAIN focus of the board should be placed in the VIP section. Because even if what you say is true, they'd still be no better than the random guests that don't sign up, and just take and run.

9. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    I'm with addicted buyer on this one. Closing off a good section of the forum to members-only will reduce the amount of people that will find the site via search engines. Perhaps a VIP section with exclusive deal offers, such as coupons for various sites that had only been shared with this site, or created for online use on this site only (like "Enter 'DontPayFull' for 10% off, etc), or something of that nature.

10. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    This is exactly what needs to happen. This site really needs more active-posters but there are so many guests just prowling the forums getting tips to save money without participating themselves! If they were forced to make an account they would feel inclined to leave a post every now and then.

11. XxHALOGENxX

XxHALOGENxXNew Member

Threads:
    i like that idea

12. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea. Why not help out if they want some information from the forum. That's not to much to ask. I don't think they would mind doing just that and they might find that it would be fun and post more and even join us doing this which would be nice I think.

13. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    A very good idea. I do the same when I go to a forum that is open for guests too.
    Yes, if the forum is good I bookmark it, but still, I have no motivation to make an account there if all the things are available for me without making an account.

14. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    I personally don't want to create username and password for a lot of stuff because I often forget those. I believe having a members only forum would be a little hassle but it's not a bad idea either.

15. SpYkz

SpYkzMember

Threads:
    I agree with the first part. Having more members doesn't necessarily guarantee more site traffic. I think that by allowing guests and lurkers to view everything on the site there's a bigger chance they will see something that they like and end up staying. Sometimes while searching for information on Google I come to a site that wants me to sign up before I can read further, I just head back to the search results because I know the info will be on another site. Forums need members that are going to contribute to discussions and bring fresh topics by starting new threads not members how sign up read what they need to and leave.

16. Carrilloe2007

Carrilloe2007New Member

Threads:
    Being able to post as a guest is not allowed. It is still better this way.

17. JohnnyM

JohnnyMNew Member

Threads:

I think readin should be allowed but posting should be done with sign ups

18. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    yes it is good idea,readin is only allow to see the topic name