Memorial Lots As Investment

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Jamille • Jun 5, 2017.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    One of the things I'd like to do in the near future is to buy a memorial lot for two. Many consider memorial lots as investment that appreciates in value alongside real estate. I know some people who buy memorial lots and resell them for profit. Some memorial parks actually offer specific lots at a huge discount (up to 50%) which makes the pot sweeter for investors. What's your opinion on memorial lots as a form of investment?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with memorial lots that it is a good investment. It is considered a type of real estate that appreciates in value as time goes by. But since our intention is to be cremated when we die, what we bought was a unit in a columbarium, this is the small hole on the wall where you place the urn that contains the ashes of the dead. We bought that unit 5 years ago for $2,000 with a discount of 10% and payable in 2 years. Last year (after 4 years), my wife's sister bought a unit in the same columbarium cosing $2,500 already and no more discount. Truly it has already increased in value.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Talk about the huge cost of dying nowadays!

Did you know that many memorial parks actually charge 10% more as add on if you buy a lot on the spot for immediate use? That is why some people find it less expensive and more convenient to buy from resellers. Some people are indeed opting for cremation which isn't any cheaper than cadaver burial at all.

There's another way to save on the cost of buying memorial lots: enlisting yourself as a sales agent for the memorial park. I attended a 4-hour sales seminar conducted by this prestigious memorial park in our area for this purpose. I learned that sales agents earn 5% commission for every sales which isn't bad at all. Now I can sell memorial lots to friends and neighbors and earn commission on the side.