Memory Foam Pillows

Discussion in Misc & Others started by tulosai • Jul 1, 2012.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone use memory foam pillows? Are they worth the extra price? I have an opportunity to get some on sale but I only want to spend the money if it is worth it. Thanks!

2. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    My cousin bought a memory foam mattress. They're supposed to be really beneficial for your posture. I'm not sure about the pillows, but I assume they work the same but for your neck. I'm sure they would feel pretty cush too, molding themselves to your face shape. Just buy one of them on sale and try it out before committing to buying a whole bunch of them.

3. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    In my case, the pillow was much worth the spending: I stopped snoring !!
    It seems I was allergic to the down used in the previous pillow, my wife loves my memory foam pillow !!

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    These actually give me migraines. I think its the position it holds my neck in but I wake up with blaring, blinding headaches when I sleep on the memory foam pillow I purchased specifically for neck pains. I guess my body isn't straight enough to keep a good posture on these memory foam pillows.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I may have to look into a memory foam pillow as most pillows today will just lose their firmness way too soon for me. I had a pillow that I kept for way too many years because it was the only one that still held it's firmness even after years of use. Now, that I think about it, the pillow was made of some kind of synthetic material. I finally had to let it go because it was too much even looking at it.

6. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for the feedback everyone. For those of you also looking to buy, KGB deals has a great deal on right now for the pillows- you can get 2 for $29 which I gather is a fantastic price. I think I am going to go for it- thanks so much again!

7. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    If you haven't already decided, they are most certainly worth the price! I loved my memory foam pillow I found for cheap at a garage sale, gently used of course. I put a pillowcase over it and called it a wise buy. I really miss it. The thing got quite tore up over time unfortunately. I don't recall how, but somehow it had been damaged and then it was downhill from there. I let it go when we moved houses.

Unfortunately I don't know that we have a KGB anywhere around here. That is a very good price for them however!

8. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    We actually have one here being used by my dad. Since he's a bit old, it sort of helps.

Though, if they're mainly for posture correction purposes, why the heck are they called a "memory" foam pillow?

9. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I've read a lot of great things about these pillows and I fully suspect that they are worth the money. If I had extra cash to blow, I would definitely these memory foam mattresses and pillows!

10. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using one myself and I must say that memory foam pillows are much more comfortable as compared to any other normal pillows! This is simply because of the ability of the pillow to mould itself into the shape of your head and neck, providing great support such that your body and spine is in alignment in a neutral position. This reliefs pressure on your joints and hence really helps in correcting back and neck pains some people get when they wake up every morning. Do choose one with a level of firmness you prefer because if it is too soft, you would be better off with a conventional pillow but if it is too firm, you'll get a worse ache in the mornings as opposed to preventing them.

11. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    In my opinion, they are not that comfortable. I mean they are soft, but I think they are too hot. They make my head feel way too warm. The mattresses are the same way, they make my body feel too warm.

12. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I personally think that memory foam mattresses and pillows are just a fad and will just go away anytime soon but I've been hearing mixed feedback from it. I'd love to try Tempur-Pedic but it's way too expensive. I think some people will be comfortable with it but there will also be people who will not love it that much.