(Men) Do you like wearing skinny jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Kek • Aug 20, 2014.

1. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    Skinny jeans have been in fashion for the past few years. I've talked with girls and most of them seem to adore guys that wear skinny jeans. The last time I went shopping for a new pair of jeans, I tried on a pair of semi-skinny ones. I'm quite tall and skinny, so the jeans didn't fit me at all! My legs looked way to skinny and too long. My friends couldn't stop laughing when I tried them on. I obviously gave up on them and picked a normal pair that I wear to this day.

Do you wear skinny jeans at all? Do you feel comfortable wearing it or not at all? If you don't wear them, why not? For the women in the thread, do you like boys that wear skinny jeans?

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I wear Levi's 511, which are Levis skinny jeans. I really like them, they aren't bone tight (like you might find at Hot Topic) and feel fairly comfortable \. I'd recommend them to most people, I'm not the skinniest person to be honest and I still think they look good.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend can't stand skinny jeans. He isn't heavy but he's a sturdier guy and found skinny jeans extremely comfortable. I tend to prefer guys in a slim straight leg, I never really cared for the skinny jean trend for men...or women.

4. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on how skinny they are.
    I know for a fact that I have grown out of the "hip-hop" pants, but my boys still need their personal space...
    The next time I decide to go get pants I'll need to check out what is out there.

Also this:

[video=youtube;Nv7Ts4v5_Bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7Ts4v5_Bs[/video]

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    When I first saw skinny jeans, I hated them. To me, they made the wearer look feminine. However, now, after a few years, I am so used to seeing males in skinny jeans that it seems 'normal'. I just had to get used to seeing them for a while.

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Although I like wearing jeans I don't wear anything that is too tight. I like to wear something that is a little loose for maneuverability reason. I tried skinny jeans once when I went shopping not too long ago and found them to be too stuffy and hot. Overall, it's just too uncomfortable to wear for me.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Skinny jeans . . . I've seen a number of men in them and [if you're a wearer don't get mad at me] to me they looked rather ridiculous.

I don't mind women wearing skinny jeans but men . . . nah. Yeah I would try to understand if those who are into punk culture wear them but the rest of the folks they ave no excuse for trying them on. imho, Skinny jeans don't look great on men.

8. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for all the opinions, keep them coming. :)

I share your opinion. A man with skinny jeans just looks out of place. He either looks like a punker, and emo kid or a hipster. Not a manly man, that's for sure.
    You said you don't mind women that wear them. I actually like skinny jeans of women, some look really hot in them, to be honest! But you have to be skin to wear them, period.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Skinny jeans are quite common here where I live. Personally, I don't like them. I think a lot of guys who wear them look like stick insects. Many have long skinny legs and a very flat bottom, which is all very fine and nice, but when they wear super tight jeans, it just doesn't come off very well.

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, I'm not a guy but my brother was making a fuss about needing to buy skinny jeans before he went off to college because as he put it "every one's wearing them." He didn't really like wearing those type of jeans but now that he saw that most of the kids at the college he's going to are he changed his tune lol. I think if you're really a thin guy and are like under 25 skinny jeans look ok, but if you're more muscular and are like 30 or older, it doesn't look cute.

11. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    You wouldn't catch me dead ion a pair of skinny jeans. I just don't feel that it's very masculine let alone cool to be a male wearing pants that are skin tight. I guess it doesn't look bad on the younger generation due to boyhood, but a grown man say between 25 and up should know better. I don't want to look at a man in pants similar to a woman's style.

12. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Yes and no. It depends on the jeans themselves. I hate it when the jeans just hug your legs in a tight fit, I feel like I'm wearing a straight jacket but I do wear skinny jeans just not that tight.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I do think some guys can pull them off, but it takes a certain body type to do so. The long/lanky/skinny guys are the only ones who can really pull it off. I am not one of those guys.

As a style I think they're fine and look good on certain people. It's when they bigger guys try to squeeze into them that things get sketchy.

14. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    Many of you are saying that tall, skinny guys are the only type that can look good in skinny jeans. I fit the description perfectly, jet I look horrible in them. Perhaps I am a bi too skinny to wear them? If I wear looser jeans, my skinny bones do not show, so my legs appear normal, if you see what I mean. Perhaps I will try out a pair next time, given the positive feedback of some of you.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I would wear skinny jeans, but not too tight though. I feel very uncomfortable when wearing really tight clothing and at the same time I hate wearing really loose and baggy jeans. The only skinny jeans I wear are those that have a snug fit, not too tight and.

16. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I would probably never wear skinny jeans, they look ridiculous and are way too tight for my taste. I like dressing comfortably and feeling good throughout the day. I don't like coming home and having the need to immediately take my clothes off because they're so uncomfortable.