Men Where Do They Find The Best Clothing Deals?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MrsJones • Jan 27, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I just have to ask this question. I believe men have the best fashions. Even if they are just dressing down (a shirt and pair of pants) it just seems right, majority of the time. My husband never looks for deals and spends a fortunate for two pieces of clothing. For the money he spent I'm sure he could do better. So I would like to coach him and I would like to know, where do men find the best deals for clothes? If your significant other does the shopping for you that's fine as well.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend has money, but he shops at the thrift store! He finds some great vintage t-shirts and even pants! He found some new jeans for $5. You can try shopping at different stores to get the best deals.

3. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend asos.com for a nice store which has a variety of clothes. As a man, it's kinda hard to find many quality clothes with a low price or even size availability. I think women have much, much more options than men when it comes to clothing.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Cheap clothes for men are very easy to find here. We have a lot in bargain bins and outlet stores, but honestly those stores cater to both men and women and the prices are most of the time equally cheap. I think it's much easier to shop for men at outlet stores though rather than thrift stores at least where I am because here most thrift stores carry mostly female clothing items whereas our version of Walmart has tons of shirts and jeans and shorts for men at only a few dollars each so it's not really that necessary to buy at thrift stores here anymore.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would vary from individual to individual. I buy most of my clothes from thrift stores because they are much cheaper. If I could buy online I think some of those cloth swapping sites can be a good place to find some really good deals on clothes. They can offer discounts of up to 30% on new clothes . . .

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too am a HUGE Asos fan. Although it's heavily geared towards younger people, there's something for everyone. The good thing is that they have a year-round sale going on. Some people don't like that it's online, and has no high street presence.

BUT having said that, I'd still recommend TK Maxx because it offers a wide variety of stuff, for different sizes, shapes and ages. The stuff they carry are mainly designer gear at a snip. Plus as with Asos, they always have specials on top of it being a designer outlet type store. On the whole the stuff is of good quality.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I do most of the shopping for my husband's clothes. I like to get his clothes at Outlets - Eddie Bauer, Columbia, Levis, Reebok etc are great for getting deals on clothes. I also buy off season for his clothes to save money too. I like stores like Marshall's and Winners they have designer clothes at half the price too. Costco is also good for deals on jeans and tops. Check often as good deals go quickly there.

8. Lushlala

Threads:
    I love shopping at designer outlet malls. But why do they all have to be so far out, in very awkward places to get to?? I used to go to this place in England called Cheshire Oaks. It took me about 2 hours each way, and by the time I got there, I'd be absolutely knackered! Plus the place is huge, so I wouldn't be able cover all the stores because time was never on my side either. It took two trains and a bus each way!

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    From what I've heard, women's clothing is often more expensive than men's clothing. In particular, some of my female friends have complained that basic stuff like t-shirts or sweatclothes, and other gender-neutral clothing items typically cost more in the women's departments than comparable items in the men's departments. That's kind of ridiculous and unfortunate if true. But I do know some women who will buy some of these items from the men's departments for themselves to save a few bucks.

Personally I try to limit my shopping for clothing to end of season clearance sales, and just save them for the following year. Men's clothing doesn't really change that much from year to year, so there is no sense paying full price for some Nautica jacket or Docker's dress shirt, when I can buy it at a fraction of the price when it's on clearance. All they really do is change the patterns and prints on the clothing each season. I would hate paying $250 for a winter jacket when I know I could get it for about $60 in a couple more months and save it for next season.

The men's clothing at places like Wal-Mart and Target kind of suck though. They don't typically fit me well, and they don't hold up to being washed either. Plus the fabric is usually a lot flimsier and shrivels up and shrinks a lot when you wash it. I would rather buy higher quality clothes off season, which will last me, than inexpensive cheaper quality clothes in season, which won't last me at all.

That said, places like Gabriels and TJ Maxx do carry better name brand clothing at decent prices year round.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    I'm not sure if I agree with the idea that women's clothes are more expensive than mens. Certainly in my experience it's actually the other way round. For instance, mens shoes tend to be pricier than women's shoes. I honestly believe us women get a lot more options. It's just that we usually need a lot more stuff than men to complete an outfit LOL My husband and I also often go for the sales, and shop at TK Maxx so much they should really offer us a long standing loyalty discount hehe

11. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    Old Navy has pretty cute basics, and everything in that store seems to mix and match really well. I often get my husband's new clothes there when he grows tired of the things in his closet. The only issue is there isn't a huge selection, but what is there is nice, and it's not too out there, so it doesn't look as awkward as some discount clothing stores. Plus they always have nice pants and shorts, and button ups for relatively cheap.