Men's Cologne/Perfume Recommendations

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Aug 13, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm going to be purchasing a bottle or two of men's cologne soon and I'm wondering if there are any good trendy ones out there now. I'm only well versed in the classic brands like Hugo and Drakkar, and I'm sure by now there have been a lot more variants that have come out that is much more suited for the current generation. I'm giving this to a 35 year old man but please feel free to use the thread for discussion of colognes for all ages. I will just try to find a good scent among those and discern for myself. Thanks!

2. kaylahambrick

kaylahambrickMember

Threads:
    Polo Blu smells fantastic! Its got a smell that no other cologne has. I also like Aqua Di Gio. One of the best places to go to test and look for colognes and perfumes is a store such as Dillards, Jc Penneys, and Macys. Some of the big malls even have 'Perfumania' stores that have just about all colognes ans perfumes that you can think of

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Are you looking for a more mainstream fragrance or something more niche like? Do you or the recipient have any likes or dislikes when it comes to fragrance?

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think I remember Polo Blu and I vaguely remember liking it! It is an old brand, no? I also like Aqua Di Gio a lot but I think he's gotten it before. Thanks for all your suggestions I will be checking them out!

Either would be fine I think, and I'm guessing the preference would be just that it's "manly" whatever that means and that it isn't too strong. I'm just guessing based on the personality though.

Thanks guys! Looking for more if anyone out there has recommendations.