Men's Love For Expensive Cellphones

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Kiama • Aug 20, 2017.

1. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I have a boyfriend who is a Samsung fanatic. He loves samsung phones maybe more than he loves me I would say. He is always upgrading to the latest samsung in town.
    He is not the only one. Most of my male friends love phones.Expensive phones. If he doesn't have the trending phone, he claims he has no phone.

Why can't they be like some of us girls. Personally so long as a phone can receive and send calls and texts, it can whatsapp, I have no need for an expensive phone which I will later break the screen.

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I think when it comes to technology and gadgets, men really are always on the look out. I don't know if they just want something to boast off when they're with a group of friends or just simply technology driven. I cannot admit nor deny, but there are times when I also tends to have for my self the latest smartphone or the fastest core PC.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also see some people who have an obsession with expensive phones. Some friends who are using iPhones would be on the lookout for new models that even if their present phone is still giving them good service, they have the volition to buy the new model that is coming out into the market. They are after the prestige, they say, which I think is impractical in terms of spending. It wouldn't matter if they are wealthy but some of them are not even middle class. They just invest on iPhones no matter the cost.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, I love samsung phones as well, maybe because I cannot afford one, but I would not buy a phone more someone from my family. You are right we all men like the expensive stuff as the phones or expensive cars or branded clothes, I don't know why I feel this way, maybe because we work too much and we feel that we deserve the best!

5. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    @TheOtherSide@TheOtherSide I think it's true that men buy expensive gadgets to boast off to their friends but it does not make practical sense to use all of the money you have worked for to buy something cool.

#5Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
  6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have seen guys who pursue latest trends when it comes to mobiles. The irony of it most of these men aren't that rich but would spend a chunk of their money buying latest expensive phones. I just think they're trying to boost their ego carrying expensive phone and perhaps to impress others.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don`t believe that this obsession of having the latest upgrades in cell phone technology is not confined to males only. Many wonen also share this type of behavior. The males mostly do it to boast how technology savvy they may be and the women use as a of showpiece to advertise that they are up to date. Whether male or female, it may depend on the individuals mindset because it is not a universal type of behavior.

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Your conception of the matter is wrong, as i don't see any correlation between the gender and expenses, people buy what they like.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for letting me know about whatsup...my fiance is in Accra, Ghana right now and we have hangouts which is free too. I will ask him about it too. I'm wondering what is the fascination with the best phones that cost more than my monthly electricity bill? Guess if they can afford it why not I suppose. They want it and got the money to pay for it, let them enjoy it then. At least these expensive smartphones does go on sale periodically so they can save money getting the best.

10. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    women have jewelry to show, what do men have? There was a time when men considered wearing expensive watches a symbol of status just like women considered jewelry to be a status symbol. Now that mobile hand sets can also tell us about time, many people are not wearing watches. Now, men have cell phones as status symbol.

11. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I do not think it is only men that love expensive phones for I have seen women as well that always check out for the most trending phone on the online stores which they always pressure their husbands/boyfriends to buy for them and in as much as I do see anything wrong in that, I think it should be cool for them to buy their phones themselves so as to feel the pain involved in it.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    It's either that the guy is really into gadgets or is just looking to impress people. I wouldn't really read too much into it, since I also noticed that senior citizens are not interested in having the top of the line gadgets, so I guess it wanes with age. Also, if the person is rich, then it's not surprising that he can easily afford to upgrade phones.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Kiama@Kiama I think it's country specific. I have been traveling to different countries and found that there is no difference in both sexes when it comes to gadgets depending upon working status. I have seen men using basic phones but women use expensive and latest models. You would be surprised to note that one of our leading industrial lady uses Falcon Supernova iPhone 6 Pink Diamond. The price of this phone is $ 48.5 million.

14. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not entirely sure that this fact applies only to men since from my experience all of my friends have rather cheap ones instead of expensive.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I got to agree with you even though my husband doesn't have the latest phone right now he is always saying that he wants one but I have noticed he says that when his friends buys one. I really don't see the need of them unless you really put some use to it. All he needs it for is calls and pictures for work but I dont understand why he has to have more just to waste money.

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Men love expensive cellphones because they don't have to spend money on expensive jewelries and cosmetic. I diamond neclace cost more than Samsung Note 8, the most expensive phone from samsung. A diamond ring cost more than an iPhone. Will anyone answe me why do women spend too much on jewelries.

17. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more. My husband may check expensive gadgets, yet he does not buy it. He always makes sure that it's worth the money he worked for and not just to show off.