Methamucil Does It really Lower Your Cholestrol?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sparkle73 • Aug 30, 2012.

1. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    :)High cholesterol is a very serious concern, and trying to get it down or under control is a priority because it can lead to other healthcare crises, such as the buildup of plaque in your arteries that can lead to a heart attack or stroke.

After taking a blood test, about a year ago, I was told my cholesterol levels was high, and that I needed to start taking medication immediately to get it under control, statins drugs are widely prescribed to lower your cholesterol, but after experiencing some terrible side effects with this medication, my doctor advised me to try something natural that would help lower my cholesterol without the side effects.

This product is well known by millions and has been on the market for a very long time named Metamucil, so I tried it for about a month or so, and much to my surprise, after having my cholesterol checked again. It did the job, just like the commercial states; it did lower my cholesterol, without any side effects or complaints. Along with a healthy diet plan.
    Anybody else has any success stories to share that also use Metamucil to lower your cholesterol. Remember Cheerios cereal. It has the same ingredients as Metamucil, 100% Psyllium, natural fiber.

2. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    Oddly enough, eating a generous amount of fiber in your diet somehow blocks absorption of some of the cholesterol from your food into your bloodstream. I guess the fiber absorbs it. It seems almost too easy. And, congratulations on the lowered cholesterol and happy colon!

3. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Some time ago, when my doctor wanted to put me on medication for my high cholesterol. I asked him to give me two months, he said sure, two months would not make a change.
    Two months later he was shocked, because I had lowered it by 100 points, by taking a combination of vitamins. My body does not make cholesterol as others might. Omega -3 fish oil capsules will also help lower your level. Oatmeal is good as well.

#3Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I took Methamucil years ago for fiber. I was getting enough fiber and I didn't have the awareness at the time to better.

@mountainside: Thanks for the reminder about Omega 3. I don't have high cholesterol, but I need to increase my omega 3.

5. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    My mother had high cholesterol and her doctor wanted to put her on pills. She wanted to try modifying her diet and take a more natural approach. Well, what worked was taking a lot of asparagus and boiling it for a couple of hours so that the water would turn green. She boils the asparagus in a large pot. She drains this green water, and bottles it and keeps it in the fridge to drink. She began drinking this every day in the morning and when she went to the doctor the next time to check her cholesterol it was back to normal. I will add that my brother also had high cholesterol and also drank this asparagus juice and it also went back to normal. My mom heard about it from the contractor that remodeled her bathroom. It may also work for you. Anyone else heard of this as a means of lowering cholesterol?

#5Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    You are very welcome Parker. I am so happy someone told me about the Omega-3. I hear it is good for lowering cholesterol, it reduces inflammation and it is said to be good for eliminating depression, heard that from a doctor on tv, who was treating his patients.

7. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I am not too sure about that but I know it really regulates me and lets me have some amazing bowel movements. Two thumbs up from this guy, for sure!

8. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I also have read articles on how products like metamucil can reduce cholesterol. I do think there is probably some benefit of taking this fiber supplement. Unless a person is allergic to the ingredients, I see no harm in conducting an experiment to see if it will reduce cholesterol over time. Of course, one does not want to deliberately load up on fats just because they think their cholesterol issues will be taken care of by popping a couple of fiber pills every day. I've also heard the oatmeal can reduce cholesterol. Again, instead of adding butter and what not to the oatmeal, add some raisins or dried cherries and some cinnamon for taste.