Meyers Cleaning Products

Discussion in Home & Garden started by jneanz • Sep 1, 2015.

?

Do You Use Green Cleaning Products?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2016.
  1. Nope, give me my chemicals!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope, costs too much money...give me my vinegar and baking soda!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sometimes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. Ask the kids...they're the ones who do the cleaning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I was in Target recently looking for something to make my room more fragrant. Some of the name brand items dissolved in less than 30 days and I did not feel up to visiting a home store. I go down a few aisles and see the Meyers brand of products and my world was changed.

This was in the sense that the "green" cleaning products I knew about were either expensive, smelled bad, or ineffective. Meyers defies this stereotype as the lavender smells heavenly and works on stains. Last night, I did not feel like mopping but did a quick spritz of the cleaning solution with a few paper towels. It got up stains that the Swiffer Wet Jet had passed over.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love their basil hand soap! It smells so darn good, but it is too pricey at times! I have to stick to my under a buck Softsoap for now. One of these days I will get to a Meyers type of budget! It smells amazing and is good for you. I just wish they had coupons. At least Seventh Generation is putting out coupons theses days.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not familiar with the Meyers brand or products. I do like the idea of using natural products, and I use a lot of vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda, as well as having purchased some orange based products in the past. My budget is tight right now, so I'm not sure they would be in my price range, but I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I like using baking soda and I miss when Comet came in the orange scent. Funny, I had a dream about it more than a decade ago, and the next week it was on the shelved. The scent of vinegar sends me into another room -- or outside for about 1/2 hour.
    Another thing I forgot to add is that a little Meyers goes a long way and unlike Pine-Sol, the scent is not overpowering. Back when I smoked, Pine-Sol was the only thing (besides bleach) that cleaned the walls and got the scent out of the room.