Micro Workers: Think Minimal Wage is bad?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Thomas1117 • May 4, 2013.

1. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    How long until these microjobs are outlawed? It is a convenient way for corporations to sidestep minimum wage laws. California just increased its minimum wage to ten dollars an hour. Why are these microjobs allowed to pay under a dollar an hour at times? This is a terrible turn for capitalism. Are we really that far off from a Marxist revolution? How long can this slavery go on for?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think anyone should complain about the wages being low. First, you sign up willingly. Secondly, what you are to be paid for completing a task is no secret. If you choose to do it for the stated price, would you like expect someone to pay more?

Micro-task sites are Ok for people who really need jobs and can raise a little off these 'scammy' job-sites but that anyone living in the States can earn a living from it or even attempt to is absurd. Stay away. But if you get it since you knew beforehand what you were getting yourself into, then don't complain.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly this.

People sign up willingly, people work willingly and then they get paid the scraps. These websites will always be around where there are willing people.

It is not 'abusive' in any way.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I was just thinking about trying Mturk as a means for a little extra money while I am waiting on something else to pan out. I'm not sure that $2.20 for two hours of effort is worth it though. I keep hearing about all these different sites and some people think they are great and others think they are a waste of time.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    This is incredible! This organization is despicable! I would bet this was their intention all along - why wouldn't they just hire a reliable team of people to help them build the database and compensate them accordingly? They have to know at some point their database is going to become obsolete and they will have to get more people to give them more answers.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well it's good to know no one seems pleased with that one in particular. I'm always looking for some good ways to pick up some extra cash, but internet gigs that are decent in more than one way can be hard to come by.

7. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    Come on! We're on a forum that reviews specific businesses, products and services. I believe you two are talking about chacha. Forget their "lawyer bots". Tell it like it is and we won't patronize the business. If you really want to damage their customer base you have to be fearless and call them out by name. I've used their service in the past and I rate them with a C Plus. Nothing spectacular. I agree that they should hire humans but this is capitalism and we're expendable in the name of automated profit.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never tried Micro Workers, and them not using Paypal is a red flag to me. I don't trust just any websites to make my payments....
    But I saw someone commenting about Bubblews, and I have been having a good experience there. Not as good as I hoped, cause to get 25 dollars it takes me a whole month, but I have a full time 40 hour job, so I can't be there all day posting. I had only one redemption so far, but it was sent to my Paypal successfully. I like it.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used Micro Workers once, it took too long to get paid with AlertPay, I had to wait for them to approve my request for my money and then wait for a check to come thru the mail. It was not worth all of the changes I had to go thru for the few dollars I made.