Microlab Portable Speakers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DrRipley • Aug 11, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I was reminded of this product in another thread and I remembered how much I was impressed by it so I thought I'd let you guys know about it. The product I'm talking about is Microlab portable speakers and it comes in both Bluetooth and wired variety. The wired one needs to be connected to your device' sear phone jack to work whereas the Bluetooth one obviously allows to play music wirelessly but even that variant comes with a wire, so I'd recommend just getting this instead. The wired one is slightly lower in price but from the reviews I've seen online I hear that connecting it via earphone jack would make the sound a bit louder, though they still sound fairly loud either way.

My favorite feature is that it has a slide out dock where you can place your phone or tablet securely. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for cheap portable speakers and I honestly prefer it to any other brand or variant in this category.

If you've already bought and tried this, please let us know what you think about it, and if you have any better alternatives than please do also share them with us here!

41LB0JM6u9L._SX300_.

1992195-a.

2. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    These speakers look really nice; the design looks very sleek. I have been looking from something like this to use with my phone and my tablet. I really like the slide out dock feature, too. It's nice to have a place to put the device. How much are they? I would probably go with the bluetooth version.

3. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    That's the Microlab MD212.

It also has a hands-free function, so those are some groovin' car audio speakers right there...
    Amazon has these babies at only 25$. I take them up on that offer too.
    My car radio has been down for ages and this would really do the trick... I miss playing tunes while driving. The experience is not quite complete, you know what I mean?

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Glad you found the review to be useful. I would recommend getting the Bluetooth version as well since it the wire jack too anyway and this way you'd at least have the option to play wirelessly and otherwise. I was able to buy my non Bluetooth version at around $20 and I think the wireless version is only slightly higher than that. They sound really good and I hope you like them if you do decide to purchase one.

5. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    I have been looking around at buying a docking station for a while so I appreciate the idea here. But at $25 I can't be too sure of the sound quality, plus from the picture it doesn't look like it charges? I always want to dock my phone overnight and have it fully charged in the morning. I will investigate the specifics a little closer and see if I can shed some more light on this.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    It charges with a simple USB cable.
    You can also have multiple batteries. Look pretty sweet!
    Take a look here:

[video=youtube;NoG4h1v3-6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoG4h1v3-6k[/video]

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I was skeptical about the sound too but I was really pleasantly surprised once I got to test it out. It sounds good in general and not just in relation to the low price. Definitely very loud and full but obviously it would not replace a stereo, but the quality is nice and it doesn't crack at high volumes. Also it is rechargeable and the battery is even replaceable if you choose to buy a backup, so you don't have to rely just charging. It uses cellphone battery which is very easy to find, same ones that the old Nokia feature phones use. Anyway, glad you found the review useful! If you do end up getting one then drop by and let us know if you agree with my endorsement and if not please do not get angry with me hehe.

lithium.

#7Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014