Microsoft Bing's Advice For Summer Savings

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by mythman • Jul 13, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Microsoft Bing featured a slideshow on

(when it's a lot easier to TEMPT you to spend your hard-earned cash) on a Small Budget. It's their presentation of tips from

---a presentation I'll try to summarize here.

1. Of course, remember to hit the thrift-stores before you go looking for summer-threads in the high-dollar boutiques. Spring-Cleaning leads to sort of an 'influx' of new secondhand-wares!
    2. Oftentimes gyms--with a larger crowd coming in from the too-hot weather--will offer summer-discounts. (Not sure if there isn't the same kind of crowd coming in from the too-cold winter-weather; except that perhaps winter is more 'hibernation'-season ;))
    3. Big-ticket appliances (refrigerators, washers & dryers, etc.) are often marked-down for summer-savings.
    4. Log In

do the heavy searching when it comes to finding good deals on summer vacations.
    5. Summer-harvest leads to a bigger bulk of fruits-&-vegetables.

, and get a box of fresh, local produce at a regular interval.
    6. Log In

(though ... isn't the point of using money 'so that you don't HAVE to "grow your own"?' :confused:)
    7. Take advantage of

(why spring for

ice-cream when

ice-cream is just-as-good at a fraction of the price?)
    8. Summer is often the only time you can take to party! but

is far-less-expensive than 'tickets to a hot summer concert' (even when you can

!)
    9. Cut gasoline-costs. Carpool, take the bus, walk, or at least empty-out the truck-bed or car-trunk.
    10. Hold a garage-sale to get rid of your formerly high-valued dust-collectors
    Any questions? comments? additional tips?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @mythman@mythman Ha, I'm so guilty of driving around with extra items in my trunk. I actually have a couple of bags of items I'm planning to donate sitting in the back seat, as well. I'm waiting until I have more, so I don't have to drive to the donation place more than once. I saw a similar list elsewhere. Many of them are common sense, but there might be a few that people haven't thought of doing, so perhaps it will be helpful for some, particularly those who are new to the savings niche.

#2Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015