Milk For Skin Care?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Dec 19, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since almost everyone buys milk all the time I think that using milk for skin care could save most people a lot of money. There are lots of people who claim that milk can be great for skin care. They make the bold assertion that sour[ed] milk can not only make the skin smooth and firmer, it also can slow down skin aging.

Myth or fact?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Milk proteins can be used in skincare, however, some are not always stable. I have a lactose intolerance and it also spreads to using milk proteins on my skin. basically I break out in a rash if a product has milk proteins in it.

The only way to slow down skin aging is to keep out of the sun and hydrate the skin with oils and water.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Although its very probably true that milk could make skin look smoother - anyone expecting to find “ the fountain of youth “ in their milk carton or bottle - would I have to say, be seriously disappointed - for the simple reason - that even though there have been some recent advances in this area of research - there is as yet - no conclusive evidence to suggest that there is currently anything - food, cosmetic product or otherwise - that is capable of slowing the aging process.

In fact - as there is absolutely nothing that will either prevent the aging process from happening or make wrinkles miraculously disappear and having a positive outlook on life, high self esteem, eating a healthy balanced diet, exercising regularly and looking after our skin by protecting it from the sun and keeping it well moisturized with a natural moisturizer than suits our skin type - are all known to have a beneficial effect on how we look and feel as we grow older - I would much rather focus on the latter and grow old gracefully.

Particularly as having anything to do with even the tinniest bit of milk or a milk based product - would have me going into anaphylactic shock in less than a few minutes of me coming into contact with it

4. Nekomimi_mode

Nekomimi_modeNew Member

Threads:
    Milk does help and when mixed with other things can be used as a mild cleanser but I don't think the hassle is worth it. When milk dries it crusts and forms a whitish film that would look abhorrent on the skin. Also it's so thin any proteins added to your skin would be few and far between. No to mention in the US milk looses a lot of it's natural benefits once it goes through the pasteurization process. Vitamin D is also added and I have no idea how that affects the skin. In all honesty you would be better of using yogurt for a facial mask than trying to incorporate milk into your beauty routine. If you're dead set on it though you should look into brands that use milk in their products like Hada Labo instead of trying to use it yourself.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't doubt milk may be used as skin care product and may help, but personally I don't longer use edible product in skin care.

While I must agree that natural products can help us saving money, I believe there is more waste than help involved because a healthy tissue cannot be obtained if skin is dehydrated or need nutrients from the inside; this is, eating food or drinking water to improve skin condition.

One thing I can't really stand with is using chocolate, supposedly for skin softening.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I was young, there were already plenty of talks about milk being good for the skin. Not just one but several actresses were purportedly bathing in milk or soaking their body in a bath tub full of milk. Honestly, I don't know if it is true or just plain talks but maybe milk is good for the skin because it is a softening factor. Buy a big squid that is tough. Soak it in milk for 1 hour and then broil it. You will be surprised that the squid's meat becomes soft.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even Cleopatra was known to bathe in milk as part of her beauty regime, wasn't she LOL? I don't know about slowing down the ageing process, but I think it can certainly help make skin smoother and go some way to evening out skin tone. I guess healthy looking skin gives the impression of youth. So maybe in a round about sort of way, milk can be seen as an anti-ageing product. But strictly speaking, NOTHING can halt or slow down the ageing process. Not even something as extreme as plastic surgery, which can be argued to make people look older, can. But hey, I digress LOL

8. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    I also used milk face mask this mask helps to moisturize the skin and make your skin soft and dry free for 2 days we can use this mask on other parts of the body also :)

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Milk may help slow down the aging process, but I haven't tried it out yet so I'm not sure if it really works. However, since I like the taste of milk then I would rather drink it than use it on my skin, lol.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess it makes sense that milk would be good for the skin as you sometimes see it listed in beauty products. -and then you also have the lactic acid chemical peel, which is very good at evening out skin tone and giving it a fresher, more youthful look. It's gentle and kind on skin, not too harsh. So there must be something to the claims :)

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Milk is generally goo for the body and I would assume the skin as well. There are a lot of beauty products that have milk in the title, how actually good for the skin they are remains to be seen. It is something that you may well be able to benefit from. I think milk is one positive option that can be used for the body but its effect on skin is hard to know.