Milk & Honey bath

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by TabithaW • Jun 14, 2012.

1. TabithaW

TabithaWNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite make at home bath recipe on a budget is a milk and honey bath. You can add a teaspoon or two of honey and a handful of powdered milk for a super silky bathing experience. The powdered milk is super cheap at the grocery store and goes a long way. They say milk baths were Cleopatra's #1 beauty secret.

2. chelsknits

chelsknitsNew Member

Threads:
    That sounds like it would smell really great! I'll have to give it a try sometime soon. I think we have some evaporated milk in the cupboards and it's not something we really use, so it would be nice to be able to use it up on this. The honey doesn't make you sticky though? I usually end up getting my hair wet in a bath because it's so long (even if I keep it up!) and it seems like honey could cause some real hair issues if it got in it.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, no, honey is awesome for hair. There are some homemade hair conditioners that use honey as an ingredient. It washes out really well also. Just stand under the shower for a few seconds.

4. TabithaW

TabithaWNew Member

Threads:
    No, the honey does not leave you sticky at all. It is very odd. I thought it would also but it rinses clean and leaves you silky smooth.

5. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    This is something that really easy to make and it certainly shouldn't deter me from trying it. However, I would have to purchase milk powder as I can't even remember when was the last time I had it in my house! Thanks for sharing!

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Very cool share. Thank you. I will definitely give this one a try very soon. I often use honey masks but I have not put some in a bath. I am sure it will leave the skin soft and silky. We do have milk powder and honey in our home at this moment, so I had best take that bath soon. Just tried a hydrogen peroxide bath the other day as someone else here recommended and it went so well.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You could pour in real milk if you want, but milk powder would be cheaper.

8. chelsknits

chelsknitsNew Member

Threads:

That's really great to know! I'm definitely going to give this a try soon then. My hair could also need a little help so maybe I'll leave it down and actually try and get it wet. I'll definitely post about it after I try it out!

9. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds luxurious! I will look forward to trying it. Linky, how have you done honey masks?