Minced Meat

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sunnyside • Apr 26, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Minced meat is very affordable in my country. When I am trying to stretch a dollar, instead of buying the regular meats, I would buy them as minced meats. We can get minced meat in beef, lamb, chicken and turkey. My favourite minced meat is beef. These minced meats are very versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. I would sometimes mix them into pasta to make a one-pot meal, or make a sauce with them. Minced beef is also good for making beef burgers.

How does the price of minced meat in your country compare to the price of regular meat? Do you buy minced meat often or do you prefer the regular meat?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I but minced meat because I can't eat things like burgers most of the time because they add things to them, some of which I can't eat because of allergies. Minced meat allows me to make my own burgers that I can eat. Here it's not particularly cheap though. You can buy a joint of pork for around £3, whereas beef mince costs £3.50 much of the time. Burgers are cheaper than that as well at around £2. For me buying it is out of necessity more than for cheaper meat. That being said though, pork mince is cheaper than that, usually around £1.80, so I suppose that is the cheaper version here. Turkey tends to be more like £4 the last I saw.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What a coincidence. Our dinner last night was minced meat which was sauteed in garlic and onions and mixed with potatoes and boiled quail eggs. You are right with the price of meat. When minced, it is much cheaper not only with the price but also with the contents since minced meat have no more bones, everything can be eaten. That is why we always have hamburgers when trying to stretch our budget because the minced meat in the burger is much cheaper than the steak.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do buy minced meat most of the time, because I actually prefer it as I feel I could integrate it into more recipes that I like. I also like that minced meat can be stretched in terms of making it seem more than it actually is. With meat in big chunks you could usually only serve a few people but with minced meat and the right recipes you could serve even more and if you do it right they won't really notice that you are doing it partly for the savings. I especially find this useful to do in parties where I have to serve many people.