Mio

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Rosyrain • Jul 4, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a bottle of the Mio drink mix last week and will never purchase it again. To me, it tasted horrible. The only way I can describe the taste was that it tasted like chemicals and food dye. Has anyone else tried it?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I tried it some days ago when I had nothing to drink at hand but a bottle of Mio that I received as a sample in my last visit to the supermarket.

I have to second your thoughts on this horrible mix of don't know what, because it was even somewhat bitter, but bitter in the sense you could consider a food that comes with excess coloring substance.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you referring to the liquid water flavor enhancer? If so, I tried the Mio brand at a friend's house, but haven't bought it myself. It was o.k., but I agree, there was an aftertaste. I have purchased others, and the Kroger brand is good. I have only tried 2 flavors, so I can't speak for the others, but the ones I've tried (I believe) are Strawberry Kiwi, and an Orange variety. I really like the Orange one, and that's what I usually buy. In addition to tasting better, the Kroger and some of the other brands, are less expensive than the Mio. Here's a picture of some other brand water enhancers, in case anyone wants to try a different brand. Apparently Great Value makes one, too. I've tried the Crush one as well, and enjoyed the flavor of it.

Attached Files:

4. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried a few different flavors of Mio and I am not really a fan of them. One was the lemon lime and the other was pomegranate. I found it too be really strong and too sweet no matter how little of it I used. The taste was really artificial and not very pleasurable to drink. It left this terrible after taste in your mouth and you just couldn't get rid of. I prefer to have my water just with fresh fruits, like lemon, lime, kiwi, strawberries and I have even used cucumbers. I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners of any kind.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I had the blue one (maybe blue raspberry?) and it wasn't too too bad, but I'm not a big fan of artificial flavor drops in the first place so this is only a comparison to others. I have no interest in buying it again, though.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care for the Mio either. It just adds a strange taste, regardless of the flavor. Plus, it's way too easy for kids to add way too many drops when they are trying to prepare their own drink!