Mlm Scams

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Working Buck • Oct 14, 2016.

1. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot of these stories and I have been a victim of some locals MLM companies in our country. Most of these people invested their hard earned money on pure cheap talk of get rich quick schemes. Have you ever experienced being scammed by the likes of these too?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been scammed to be honest but I heard some of these MLM companies in our place as well. There are too good to be true schemes that people usually fall for, particularly the "get rich quick" scheme which is a total hapless to be honest.

I did joined some of legit MLM companies before and it is really possible for a person to earn huge amounts like 6 to 7 digits per month but of course, you will also need to work hard for it. After all, there isn't an overnight success, right?

3. Working Buck

Threads:
    True, there are lots of legit companies around. Too bad I hanged out with the wrong people that time. I do know of people who earn that much, but I think it is quite late for me to join them.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Multi-level marketing is actually a good way or a company to operate, and everyone works together and earns money. However, some of these companies are nothing but a front that does not offer a real opportunity . It is important to check out the company, how long it has been in business, what kind of product that the company offers, and whether the product can be sold for the price that you need to sell it for.
    Usually, if the company is focusing on the sale of good quality products, then it is not a scam; but if the focus is on building up a network to earn the money, then it is not going to be something that will last , and only the first people usually make any money.
    It is always important to check out the company before signing up.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes there are actually a lot. Well at least you've learned your lesson so next time you won't hang out with those same people again. As well as to check a person's credibility before believing what their saying or telling you so you won't fall into their "false promises". My hubby has been hanging out with the wrong people as well, good thing I was able to lead him at the right path :)

It is indeed good and the concept is actually magnificent that's why I feel bad whenever there are companies that don't take it seriously and use their evil schemes to lure people and fall to their traps. That's why it really is important to check the company's profile first as well as it's owners to prevent being scammed.

#5Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  6. Working Buck

Threads:
    I have learned that now and have learned it the hard way. I ended up losing not just money but close friends too. Have you ever tried joining mlm companies?

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't remember how many invites I got from those MLM and networking rackets but I always decline even if they are good friends of mine. I remember this MGoldex networking that you invest money and earn in gold bars. One friend always posted in Facebook his earnings to attract his friends to join. And within the year, the word is out that MGoldex was a scam so now he had lost his money and he has no choice but to admit to us. That's a neat lesson for us not to join networking and MLM unless they are proven safe and beneficial.

8. Working Buck

Threads:
    I received an invitation from a German about this company, As soon as he said that gold is their product and you would not receive anything in return after investing, I said no right away. A lot earned from that company but alot more lost their money.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't been scam by MLM companies. The reason why I believe I haven't fall a victim of scam to these companies is simply because I really never trust them enough to do any financial deals with them. I always suspect scam if a system looks too fantastic to earning fat money with little or no sweat.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    These are really new to me, but it is just another one to add to the list of the scams that are out there. It seems like it is always one of those where you think you have caught up, and then before you know it you are met with newer and more advanced scams. Thanks for the warning, though.

11. Working Buck

Threads:
    Scams made by MLM companies have already been here for decades. And a lot of individuals fall prey because of lack knowledge. Though there are legal MLM companies that really pay you big cash, but with hard work and selling stuff. These scam companies tend to mimic legit programs so it is quite hard to tell which is legit. Unless you have some trusted contacts that are active in the industry.

12. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    MLM as been going for a number of years now, and there's a debate as to whether it is a scam or not. For some people it doesn't work out and they do end up out of pocket and can lose a lot of money but I think that's only because they aren't aware of what it involves.

I know people that have joined up to a well known company selling beauty products, and they have managed to make a lot of money including incentives such as trips abroad. What they have said though is that the longer you do it, the harder it gets but if you are prepared to put the effort in then you do get rewarded. I think people sign up for things like this thinking it's a get rich quick scheme and when they find out that they do have to work hard, they give up and say it's a scam when really it isn't. They're just bitter because it didn't work out for them.