Mobile Apps that You cannot go Without

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Aurora • Nov 10, 2014.

1. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    It is common that we have quite a number of apps installed on our mobiles. They are essential for our connection with friends, entertainment, events organisation, etc. Our life will not be that convenient without those applications. What apps that you cannot go without? I voted WhatsApp since most of my friends use it to keep connections with each other. How about you?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Quite a couple for me!

- Whatsapp for messaging.
    - Google Drive and Dropbox for syncing documents, creating backups and editing them on the go.
    - Facebook for staying connected
    - Flipboard for getting my daily dose of the news while I commute to work

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    - Google Chrome, I can't imagine my mobile life without this app because it's my go to web browser on my mobile device.
    - Cubie - Me and my girl use Cubie mainly to communicate and share different silly stickers. It's fun
    - Meriam Webster Dictionary because I love writing and I need to look up words sometimes
    - Calculator. This is very handy when I need to compute for something, maybe add or deduct. I'm not good at math and this app definitely helps
    - Google Maps. Pretty useful when I'm traveling especially to new places
    - Facebook. Most of my friends us this social networking device. It's good to stay updated when it comes to my circle of friends.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite apps are my cloud apps like Dropbox, and my messenger apps like Viber and Skype. I use my cloud apps daily because it's just much more convenient for me to transfer files that way and I use my messenger apps daily as well to communicate with my friends who are living overseas. Most of my friends have already gone out of my country so it's much cheaper for me to stay in touch with them this way rather than texting of calling internationally.

5. jckobl

jckoblNew Member

Threads:
    I have a bunch of favorite apps, but one that I think most others won't mention is the Kindle or iBooks app on my iPad. Most of the books I read I download from the internet and read on my tablet. I read almost every night and certainly couldn't imagine living without these apps, and e-books in general. Does anyone else here use these apps?

6. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    Well, there's only a few apps that I can't go without. First on the list would definitely be Facebook. I admit, I'm one of those Facebook junkies who are always online anytime, anywhere. I just got so addicted to it. I can't go without Clash of Clans as well. I got so hooked in this game and I can't even imagine losing it in my phone.

7. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    There really aren't any mobile apps that I cannot go without. I would much rather use my laptop or tablet and even on my tablet, there aren't any apps that I absolutely need to have. I don't use many of them anyway because I don't like how many of them need so much access to different parts of your phone/tablet. I always make sure that I read all of the permissions before I download an app.

8. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    There are only a handful of apps I use daily:
    CM Browser - super fast mobile browser
    Cool Reader - e-book reader
    Evernote - something I use daily to keep things organized
    Merriam-Webster Dictionary - important for a writer like me and works even offline
    Dictadroid - the best dictation app I've used (paid)
    MeditateFree - this thing got me started meditating and it has been life-changing

9. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    whatapp - for instant messaging, skype - for contacting the family, friends, and other business partners, facebook - to keep myself updated about my family, relatives, friends and colleagues, cashtrail to monitor my budget, itriange - for medical reference, and my broker's app for monitoring investments.

There are actually a lot more apps that are very useful... but you cannot just use them all.

10. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I can't do without

- whatsapp
    - todoist
    -Headspace
    - Out of milk

These are just a few of my favorite apps that keep me together in a day to day basis. They are some really cool apps.

11. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    For me its Whatsapp, Facebook, Viber and Google. Thinking about it, it's really not an exciting or spectacular list. Time to upgrade some of my habits I think .

12. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Some of the app I most commonly use is the mobile recharge app. I completely love the app and it is very reliable. I think it is a wonderful app. Also I use WhatsApp quite extensively. I think I cannot live without these apps.

13. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use that many apps on my phone. The apps that are most important to me are Whatsapp and Kindle. I use these two apps all the time and I would feel so lost without them seriously. I like to read ebooks and Kindle is just cut out for the job. Whatsapp is also a great app that i use to chat or catch up with my friends. One of the best apps to be honest.

14. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Fundamental apps would be the reader apps and the storage app. I previously was not able to read and store files I downloaded online, like books or catalogs, or receipts from online transactions because there was no Adobe on my mobile phone to read the files. So I now have to have the Adobe reader app that would hopefully also allow me to view videos. I need my Evernote on my mobile phone to keep my notes together.

15. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I use Reddit is Fun to check up on Reddit while I'm having lunch and while I'm commuting.
    It's an easy to use app that I don't think I could live without anymore.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot ever go without Google Play. LOL. Seriously, I need that app to download all the other apps. My Yahoo Mail and Gmail apps are likewise important to me because they're basically like a shortcut to all my important emails. I have three Yahoo emails and my app has this cool interface that allows me to switch from one email to another without hassle. It's troublesome opening the browser all the time, you know. My SoundCloud app is the best for playing music and whatnot.

17. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I use my bank app, Game apps when I out somewhere and waiting for service, and my facebook app the most.

18. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I can't go a day without Instagram and Facebook. Yes, I'm one of those typical teenagers that gives into social media sites.

I'm not much of an app person actually, but I am a foodie. So I download food apps, such as Zomato and Zap. I always go out to eat, so I look up restaurants on those apps. I never go to restaurants with low ratings and bad reviews. It's a waste of money, time, and effort in going there. Zomato is a great app that makes sure you go to the best restaurants out there.

Zap is also an awesome app because it actually gives you 2-5% cash back on the merchants listed in the app.

19. krazyman

krazymanMember

Threads:
    AppsGoneFree is a great app if you are looking for games or productivity apps that normally sell for a cost - usually you can pick up for free if you hit it right.
    MightyText - I spend more time in front of my computer than phone so I can text from my computer. Great App! Android only.
    My Fitness Pal - Love this app because it keeps me on track for counting and keeping track of what I eat on a given day.

20. Atlas_Hope

Atlas_HopeNew Member

Threads:
    For social networking the usual Facebook and Instagram, for earning some easy cash on the side Qriket, Youtube's video app for....watching videos, and Twitch TV for watching video game streams.