Mobile Finance Apps: Mint Vs You Need A Budget Vs Billguard Vs ...

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by FuelThePlane • Jun 15, 2015.

?

Which Money Management Application Would You Recommend?

1. Mint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. You Need a Budget

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BillGuard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (Please post which in a reply to this thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FuelThePlane

FuelThePlaneNew Member

Threads:
    Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I was looking to get a rough idea on everyone's thoughts on finance apps. More specifically, personal money management apps.

"Mint" seems to be a popular one, however there are definite security worries with how it connects directly to your bank account.

"You Need a Budget" is probably the most popular one and it doesn't seem like falls prey to the security issues that make me question mint. It does require a lot more direct input from the user and it's not free.

"BillGuard" I'm not too sure about. It should have the same safety flaws as Mint, however it appears to have a fairly large focus on detecting fraudulent charges and flagging them to the user which makes me wonder whether or not the same flaws exist. The budgeting aspect of this app at first glance appears to be lower than that of "You Need a Budget" and "Mint" however I'm not sure which I guess is the whole point of this thread.

Hopefully this mini-rundown can help familiarize people with the idea of a money-management application. However I don't posses all the necessary information to make a truly education choice on which one is best which is why, I'm looking for some people who have experience using one of these apps, a different but similar function app, or several money management apps.

If anyone can highlight anything I missed that would be great. If you think I should add something to the OP to better help someone understand thread please make a post and I'll edit it in accordingly.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only security flaw with Mint is that malicious users could gather account information on a given user, but only inasmuch as they could see account balances and transactions. It's not going to give someone access to another person's actual account. Mint doesn't access a person's bank account in that manner, so it's not that big of an issue.