Mobile home electric bill.

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Gmac9100 • Apr 11, 2014.

1. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Do mobile homes burn more energy?

I recently bought a mobile home, and the electric bill is ridiculous, compared to when i was living in a house. Nothing has changed. My energy use, and energy saving habits are still the same.

However. For some reason my energy bill is $200 higher. I have no idea why this is happening. I have come to the conclusion that it must be something wrong with th mobile home. I have b=never had an electric bill this high.

Does anyone know anything about mobile homes energy use? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a mobile home and my energy bill is out of this roof as well! My home was custom built with the 3 layer insulation plus all double pane thermal windows. I seriously don't know why the bill is so high every month. All my appliances are Energy Star and all my light bulbs are of the energy saving kind. I do have three kids and a husband that constantly keeps lights and TVs on though. They even like leaving the doors open while the heat or air is running so that may be my problem.

Your energy company should have a energy program where they send someone out to your house and evaluate how your energy is spent. They run tests and even give free energy saving supplies. It's worth checking out.

3. iagirl

iagirlMember

Threads:
    If you don't have a basement your energy is going out the floor, at least that is what everyone keeps telling me. I spoke with the state energy department at the university and he told me to seal off under the home. You're heating and cooling costs are actually what is driving up your utility bills.