Mobile Home On Your Own Land

Discussion in Home & Garden started by H.C. Heartland • Apr 26, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah, okay, I guess I misread the situation. I thought you were buying land and putting in your own mobile home. I gave you information overload, lol.

In that case, it might be worth your while. I would check the land contract carefully. Sometimes, people write these up just to avoid having to act as a landlord (they don't have to do maintenance, etc), but they still get their monthly income. Many of these contracts have some sort of "out," so if you are unhappy or change your mind, you're not bound to it. They will just "sell" it by contract to the next person.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    No it wasn't overload. This was the situation we were thinking most seriously about but it came to our attention that we could possibly buy a cheaper piece of land, a cheaper mobile home, and then just put it on the land. But thanks to all the information everyone has given we found out many of the pieces of land we were seeing did not have the right papers! We could have bought land and then not been able to put our mobile home on it. This piece of land is in a county where it does not need that on the contract. However, the owner said they would be sure to give us a copy of the land contract to read over very well and even to show to others to make sure we understand everything. We still haven't decided what we will do yet, but the research has definitely given us an education we did not have before. So thank you! :)