Mobile Internet In Your Country

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Feb 10, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Mobile internet in my country is far from being up to date. Not only is it still very slow like being two years behind, but also they even cap your internet once you've used too much by throttling it to even lower speeds after you used up around 3gb of the monthly allotment. I think that's pretty insane for anyone already paying a full monthly price of about $30.

I'm wondering if it's also this bad for other countries or if it's just us. How is mobile internet in your country?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad you asked because if there's a fitting word for mobile internet quality in my country, then it's this: poor. I am sorry but my 3G connection always goes haywire - not to mention it moves at a snail's pace - even if I'm in IT hubs or business districts. I don't think it's entirely my provider's fault. Everyone's hoping that after the government resolves the issues it's currently beset with, lawmakers will pass a law calling for the installation of public wifi zones across the country.

3. ZenShopper

ZenShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Geez, seems like we all are sailing in the same wretched boat. My country is still struggling to provide 3G efficiently but is already in talks of introducing 4G in the country.
    That's sheer disappointment.

For that reason, I don't even bother using 3G. I'm content with my WiFi at home and 2G outside. Slow, but reliable.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The internet over here is petty much unreliable. I subscribed to a certain internet promo and I can't browse the net at all because their system is having some trouble. The speed is ok during peak hours, but not that stable during off-peak hours. But I'd choose the crappy service anytime over dial-up.

5. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    Mobile internet in my country is just absolute crap. Although it's fairly cheap compared to what you're paying for the treatment is just unbearable and you can't exactly just switch services here because it's almost a monopoly with only 2 major service provider and both are almost the same in terms of how crappy the service is.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    My internet connection here in the Philippines totally sucks. It is so costly, but the service is very slow and horrible. It's actually kind of annoying. I feel like I am paying for something that has not been very much of use and efficient.