Mobile Performance Meter - Yay Free Gift Cards!

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by unstrung • Jul 22, 2014.

1. unstrung

unstrungMember

Threads:
    My girlfriend has a 10th degree blackbelt in freebies and money saving, and one of the reasons I joined this forum was in an attempt to keep up with her and find more great deals and so forth. Since we both benefit from the savings, it is the best competition ever - no matter who is in the lead, we both win ;-)

Anyway, the latest app that I have come across is the Mobile Performance Meter, and I absolutely love it. Embee is the company that makes it, and unfortunately I don't think they have an iPhone version yet, but anyone running the Android platform would do well to check this one out. It provides real rewards, and could not be more simple in its usage.

There are, quite obviously, a whole slew of mobile apps designed to give some sort of rewards. Typically, one must answer a quiz, download something, register on a site, purchase something in store, or perform some other sort of activity in order to earn points or coins or whatever in order to reap the promised rewards. The Mobile Performance Meter is different in that to earn points, one must simply.... do nothing.

That's right, I said nothing!

Once you install the app, it runs in the background automatically, and for every day it runs, you get 20 points. Each point is worth a penny, and when you have enough to do so, you simply cash in the points for gift cards. As an example, I went for the $10 Kmart gift card. $10 is 1000 pennies, so I just let the app run on my phone for 50 days, and voila! I got myself $10 for KMart with pretty much no effort whatsoever. The only downside is that it can decrease your battery life, since it is running in the background on your phone... BUT, I recently discovered that if you let it run for a few minutes each day and then shut it down, you can get the points without draining your battery all the time.

While there may be apps that can earn rewards more quickly, the Mobile Performance Meter is a great way to get a free gift card every couple of months with hardly any effort at all :) Enjoy...